PDA

View Full Version : Error: Your licence is invalid

ManuelBorges
31 Mar 2010, 8:58 PM
Hello!

I have installed Ext Designer from the Aptana advertisment link, created an account on the forum and launched it.
The first time I was able to log in and it said to be updating.
Then the program restarted and i got the folowing message:

Your licence is invalid.

Playing with the user licence aren't ya? If you
think it might have been our mistake, please
contact us at support@extjs.com

Then a "Close" button. And nothing. Goodbye, Sayonara, Arrivederchi, Adios, Adeus...

Well, it most certainly was not my mistake since all i did was the above and i never got a chance to even see the program's interface.

Before i challenge the support guys, has anyone had this problem before?

Thanks in advanced.

MB

aconran
31 Mar 2010, 9:02 PM
MB -

Sorry that this happened...

What platform are you using? Search for and remove user.license on the installed computer.

It should be found in one of the following locations depending on what platform you are using.

Windows XP
C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Local Settings\Application Data\Ext JS, Inc\Ext Designer

Windows Vista/7
C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Ext JS, Inc\Ext Designer

Linux:
~/.local/share/data/Ext JS, Inc./Ext Designer

Mac:
/Users/<YourUserName>/Library/Application Support/Ext JS, Inc./Ext Designer

Once it has been removed, restart the Designer application and you will be prompted to re-authenticate with the server.

ManuelBorges
31 Mar 2010, 9:18 PM
aconran: Thanks for the help. It solved it. Now i have 14 days to trial the application.

Thnaks.

ozelui
2 Apr 2010, 11:55 PM
I am having this message after 10 days of using the trial. I can't find user.license in my vista computer. What can i do? i paid for the product and i can't use it at this moment. I think you should be more careful with these things.

aconran
2 Apr 2010, 11:59 PM
ozelui -

Is there a C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Ext JS, Inc.\Ext Designer directory?

Have you setup any special permissions on your folders?

Is it true that this was working before and then broke? Have you had your forum account linked to your license? Has anything changed with your hardware setup?

ozelui
3 Apr 2010, 5:08 AM
There is no such directory in my computer. I installed the aplication and used it during about 9-10 days. Then i sent a mail to designer.feedback@extjs.com as i read in a forum topic. After that, i get invalid license message when trying to launch designer

ozelui
3 Apr 2010, 5:31 AM
ok, i found the directory and removed install.license file and continue wth trial version (3 days left) when will be available the full license?

UnarmedHunter
17 May 2010, 4:41 AM
i get the same error message after i purchased a license for the Ext Designer. I'm using Windows Vista but the C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Ext JS, Inc.\Ext Designer folder doesn't exist.

i tried to uninstall and reinstall the Designer but there's the same error message. What should I do?

jarrednicholls
17 May 2010, 8:41 AM
Hi UnarmedHunter,

On Vista the directory will exist, but it is hidden by the operating system by default. Make sure you have "Show hidden files and folders" turned on in your Folder Options. You can optionally type in the location directly into Explorer to jump to it...pretty sure that works even when it's hidden. Remove your user.license file and then restart the Designer to re-authenticate and get your full license. Contact orders [at] extjs.com if you haven't had your license activated yet.

Thanks.

UnarmedHunter
18 May 2010, 5:58 AM
OK, you're right. Looked inside the wrong user folder. Everything works now.
Thank you very much.

jarrednicholls
18 May 2010, 7:36 AM
You bet!

deanmvp
1 Nov 2011, 5:08 PM
Hi,

I just installed the new EXT Designer on Windows 7 OS on a PC& It didn't open ,I removed the user.license from this

destination on my C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Ext JS, Inc.\Ext Designer

just gives me password error

How can I get this to work, so I can use the EXT JS Designer???

deanmvp
1 Nov 2011, 5:58 PM
Hi,

I am using a EXT Designer for Windows 7.

How can I import zip components into EXT JS 1.4???

Thanks & I will truly appreciate

gsit
9 Nov 2011, 5:25 AM
Hi, dear members,
I´m just installed the ExtDesigner-1.2.2-48.exe file on my Windows XP SP3, but I can´t pass the register screen. I get a new license file everytime when I click on the Register button, but the application just reload it with blank register fields.. and need to register. This happening everytime and I can not see the trial version for trying the application. Please help. Thank you, regards