PDA

View Full Version : EXT Designer - Editor Grid & Mysql update - Best Practices?

ufologo22
12 Apr 2010, 11:32 AM
Hi There,
I'm still exploring Ext designer and wanted to have an idea about implementing an editable Grid feeding from MySql database.

I can create the editable grid & load the data from a script successfully, however I'm not too sure what to do next as far as editing the grid itself.

In very general terms, what do i do next? Have a server script for the updates but how do I tie this in Designer? Leave designer out of this and script the updates myself?

If someone can point me what to do (in 5 sentences or less ) I might be able to write a detailed list of instructions for everyone else once I figure it out.

Help...

mihaip007
16 Apr 2010, 3:46 AM
Hi..!
I have a funny feeling that ExtDesigner is more of a "Designer" which allows you to cut down time on designing interfaces. As about the scripting, that still needs to be done using your scripting language.
Maybe I am wrong!

jacob.andresen
16 Apr 2010, 4:13 AM
You probably want to create a json store and hook this to a EditorGridPanel.

For your php datamodel you should choose a good php oprm framework like Symfony and make this export json somehow.

Create a toolbar with "new" , "save" and "delete" on a toolbar in the EditorGridPanel. Remember to mark the buttons with autoref id's and use these names for your event handling code.

regards,
Jacob

PS. I would like to do something like the restfull grid example in the sdk . .but the DataWriter is not supported in the designer yet.

Hi There,

If someone can point me what to do (in 5 sentences or less ) I might be able to write a detailed list of instructions for everyone else once I figure it out.

Help...