PDA

View Full Version : Firefox 1.5.0.7

cagliostro
3 Oct 2006, 3:04 AM
Hey man

Have you noticed that your forum2 does not really work in the new version of Firefox (1.5.0.7)? In the same the whole UI was working well in the previous version of it.

Cheers,
Mike

P.S. But overall you are doing the great job!

jack.slocum
3 Oct 2006, 3:14 AM
What problem do you have? I use 1.5.0.7 and it looks ok to me other than the page number box is an odd size.

cagliostro
3 Oct 2006, 3:26 AM
Then it is strange Jack..

This is what I see in my FF 1.5.0.7:
http://www.ikben.ru/misc/jack_ff1507.gif

In the same time JS is turned on (I have checked that).
I even tried to re-install it. Then I installed Russian version of it, but it still does not show your forum2 any better.

Any ideas?

Mike

jack.slocum
3 Oct 2006, 3:46 AM
Interesting. Try a control+F5 or a cache clear. Could be an old stale version of some code floating around. Other than that it is very odd that we are both running the same firefox and get two different screens! Looking at that screenshot, it looks like a JS error occured during initialization and so the grid and other pieces of the page were not created. Can you download the firebug extension (or sift through the javascript console) and see what js error is occurring?

cagliostro
3 Oct 2006, 5:04 AM
Interesting. Try a control+F5 or a cache clear. Could be an old stale version of some code floating around. Other than that it is very odd that we are both running the same firefox and get two different screens! Looking at that screenshot, it looks like a JS error occured during initialization and so the grid and other pieces of the page were not created. Can you download the firebug extension (or sift through the javascript console) and see what js error is occurring?

It was stupid of me not to check the cache stuff.. The problem was exactly in that. After Ctlf+F5 applied grid rendered fine.

So, excuse me for moving the air.. :))

jack.slocum
3 Oct 2006, 5:23 AM
When the software is actually completed I will add versions to the file names so this isn't a problem. In the meantime it will probably be changing a lot (when I can get back to it) so a control+F5 is always a good idea. :)