PDA

View Full Version : Is it possible to load jsondata from a flat file w/out having a localhost server?

whippersnapper
29 Apr 2010, 6:35 AM
Hi,

We are evaluating the Designer tool. So far, our team has express very positive and much interests. We are playing around and creating some prototypes as prove of concepts. I was wondering if it was possible to load json data read from a flat file, which gets fed into the jsonStore url?!

Is this possible without having to install and setup a localhost?

Thanks.

aconran
29 Apr 2010, 8:54 AM
The JSON data must be served by some webserver. This could be on your localhost or could be on a remote server. You can set the Url Prefix by going into Edit Preferences for a particular project.

mihaip007
14 May 2010, 2:51 AM
Hi...!

Sorry, this may sound a bit stupid from my side, but why can one not simply bypass the server and simply load from a flat file? Why must one go through the server for this operation?

jarrednicholls
14 May 2010, 6:47 AM
I haven't tested it, but you might be able to use a file:// URI. However, as mentioned on a different thread, we will be adding the ability to load local data into stores in a future release.

TommyMaintz
20 May 2010, 12:05 AM
You might want to look into using the BaseX extension. You can find it by searching the forums. This will be added as a capabity in ExtJS in a future version.

jarrednicholls
20 May 2010, 5:54 AM
ext-basex project page: http://code.google.com/p/ext-basex/

Please note that this can only be used and included in your exported xds html file.

whippersnapper
20 May 2010, 6:25 AM
@jarrednicholls, I've tried this out. Don't think it works (unless that file is stood up behind a server).