PDA

View Full Version : DateTime field again and again =)

apleshkov
2 May 2010, 10:26 AM
DateTimeField component

Hi all!

The project is now moved to GitHub (https://github.com/apleshkov/DateTimePicker).

Check out this (https://github.com/apleshkov/DateTimePicker#readme) for additional info.

Feel free to add suggestions, improvements or issues.

Follow this thread to stay tuned.

Yoris
4 May 2010, 4:27 AM
nice, will give it a try!
thx

ilevina
5 May 2010, 2:02 PM
Hi Andrew,

Link this extension (http://www.extjs.com/forum/showthread.php?58060-Datetime-field-again) is wrong points to the old version of DateTimeField, and it will not work with Ext 3 (3.0 or 3.2.0) , you should properly mention # in the thread where users can obtain correct version of original component. Otherwise people will get error: sp is undefined

Also it seems that yours new version of control still having an issue with IE 7, Today button is not shown in IE.
Tried to resolve so far no success :((
Any suggestions on how to fix it would be hardly appreciated.

Thx,
Irene

apleshkov
6 May 2010, 10:23 AM
Thank you Irene, I'll fix my post.

Also I'll try my component in IE 7 and post a bugfix as soon as possible.

apleshkov
16 May 2010, 9:48 AM
This weekend I had enough time to test this component in IE7. I found 3 bugs ('today button' included) and fixed them (see Issues section).

The new version is now available.

thatcoder
21 Jul 2010, 9:10 AM
i'm still getting no today button on IE7/8,

and the combo box for the time selection is truncated.

apleshkov
21 Jul 2010, 12:07 PM
i'm still getting no today button on IE7/8,

and the combo box for the time selection is truncated.

Have you switched IE8 to IE7 mode or tested in IE7 directly?

thatcoder
21 Jul 2010, 12:13 PM
after posting, i checked the source, and it was the Ext.isStrict param that was causing it to not show up, so upon forcing my document to be strict, it displayed ok. This is on IE8. My test candidate for 7 tells me it now works. Thanks.

ilevina
21 Jul 2010, 1:40 PM
In ExtJS 3.2 release they used fixed height for IE to fix some visuals effect with DateTime field, since custom component is adding Time field on top button Today on bottom is not shown. You should increase height by overriding default css.

apleshkov
21 Jul 2010, 10:44 PM
In ExtJS 3.2 release they used fixed height for IE to fix some visuals effect with DateTime field, since custom component is adding Time field on top button Today on bottom is not shown. You should increase height by overriding default css.

Ok, thank you. I'll fix it as soon as possible.

Raksmey
24 Aug 2010, 7:35 AM
is it possible to achieve with the same function as http://jonathonhill.net/2009-03-27/jquery-datetime-picker/
It would be nice to have it in Extjs!

apleshkov
29 Aug 2010, 1:47 AM
@Raksmey

Cool plug-in! I considered a done-button too, but I can't say anything about the time sliders from the point of view of their usability.

Jerms55
22 Sep 2010, 6:19 PM
@apleshkov - Thanks for this extension, really useful!

I have an issue though where I can't type directly into the time field in the picker. My users need to be able to enter a specific time in the time picker, but I just can't get it to work. Something seems to be blocking me from selecting the time and typing over it.

My configuration is this:

new Ext.ux.form.DateTimeField({
id: 'toDateCmp',
renderTo: 'ToDate',
width: 140,
dateFormat: 'd-M-Y',
value: data.defaultToDate,
timeFieldConfig: {
editable: true,
forceSelection: false,
format: 'g:i A',
increment: 15
}
});

apleshkov
23 Sep 2010, 12:39 AM
@apleshkov - Thanks for this extension, really useful!

Thank you too =)

I have an issue though where I can't type directly into the time field in the picker...

I'm working on a new version of DateTimeField, that will be more usable and flexible. But I'll try to help you with your problem.

JacobGu
13 Oct 2010, 11:40 AM
Hi - Did you resolve the issue regarding not being able to manually edit time field in ux.DateTimeField? I'm also having this issue that the following does not work:

timeFieldConfig: {format: 'h: i A', increment: 60, editable: true, forceSelection: false}

What is resolution?
Thanks.

apleshkov
13 Oct 2010, 11:46 AM
@JacobGu - Hi.

No, I haven't resolved it yet. DateTimePicker gives very strange side-effects to the components that was rendered in it. But I'm working on this problem =)

wki01
17 Jan 2011, 12:59 AM
Hello
It seems that with version 3.3.1 there are again these two bugs:
- No button in IE8 today
- TimeField's list is cutted by the picker's height in IE8

Any ideas?

apleshkov
17 Jan 2011, 1:22 AM
@All

Sorry, haven't enough time to finish the new version. I'll publish it as soon as possible.

wki01
17 Jan 2011, 1:26 AM
It is a shame because it is a very useful extension.
Not even the time to fix these two bugs?

thanks

apleshkov
17 Jan 2011, 1:41 AM
It is a shame because it is a very useful extension.
Not even the time to fix these two bugs?

thanks

I'll try to help you but can't promise. Sorry again.

talha06
18 Jan 2011, 7:55 AM
thanks for this great extension, very useful..

apleshkov
18 Jan 2011, 9:04 AM
thanks for this great extension, very useful..

Thank you too =)

apleshkov
24 Jan 2011, 1:40 AM
Hi all!

The new version is now available! Check out this thread's head for additional info.

xonmac
28 Jan 2011, 5:22 AM
Started using it in my project. It's working very well, and can be seen in action here, for example: http://demo.netzke.org/#clerk_paging_form

apleshkov
28 Jan 2011, 5:33 AM
@xonmac

Thank you =)

@all

Please, feel free to add your examples of using. Also I want to add, that you can create your own time pickers besides my "default" one. So I hope you could provide us some of them and remember: any suggestions are welcome =)

honzakuchar
24 Feb 2011, 2:29 AM
Wow! This is realy great! Thank you very much! :)

dtex-lab
18 Mar 2011, 5:36 AM
Great
Thank You
I started from your extension and add also a new slider for "Seconds"
Maybe can be an improvement to your components (maybe activating it using a config parameter)

Great Job
Thanks

apleshkov
18 Mar 2011, 5:44 AM
@dtex-lab thank you too

Yeah, no problems. I'll do this in the nearest future.

dtex-lab
18 Mar 2011, 6:23 AM
@dtex-lab thank you too

Yeah, no problems. I'll do this in the nearest future.

I do it . The change is very simple in your structure
I attach here the code maybe can be useful for you (but it doens't use a config arg because I need it always) or others

I try also to extend from DateFieldPlus (another great addon but without lucky... )

Bye

hpet
9 May 2011, 3:02 AM
Is it possible to use DateTimePicker in menu?
Something like DateMenu?

Thanks.

apleshkov
13 May 2011, 9:57 AM
@hpet

Now you can use Ext.ux.menu.DateTimeMenu.

Don't forget to pull the latest changes.

apleshkov
13 May 2011, 2:00 PM
@dtex-lab Sorry for so long reply and thank you for your code.

I'l try to add these additions a little bit later.

apleshkov
14 May 2011, 6:11 AM
@dtex-lab and others, now you can use Ext.ux.ExBaseTimePicker, which supports seconds.

kamaladafrica
28 Jun 2011, 10:47 AM
Hi all!
Thank you for your good work.

Even if this is an awesome component, I'm noticed that sliders was not so comfortable for changing time. So I felt free to add some modifications on your work. I simply replaced the button to open your time picker popup with a spinner, in order to choose time without open another popup.

For information about the spinner component see http://extjs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16352

I'm a java developer, but a beginner in javascript and Ext JS, so don't expect a perfect job.
Maybe you can take my work and add the feature in your code in a cleaner way.

Sorry for my bad english.

apleshkov
28 Jun 2011, 11:46 AM
Hi @kamaladafrica

thank you too =)

I'll check your code as far as possible, but the one thing confuses me: the spinner component you've used is ext 2 based. Is it compatible with ext 3 out of the box?

kamaladafrica
30 Jun 2011, 2:06 AM
Yes, it's seems to be compatible out of the box, only loading Ext JS 3 instead of Ext JS 2

bkgkavi
11 Jun 2013, 1:41 AM
hye kamaldafrica,

i have just one question about your spinner datetimepicker,, can we use use your componment with internet explorer. Because when i used firefox or chrome there is no problem, but when i switched to explorer it doesn't work.

Have you a solution please?

Thanks you for your componment

kamaladafrica
11 Jun 2013, 2:44 AM
Hi bkgkavi,
honestly I can't remember very well about the component, I worked on it about 2 years ago.
But I can tell you that a requirement of the project using the component was to run on IE (I can't rememeber which version, maybe IE8), perhaps the component was no longer compatible with later versions of IE.
Anyhow you can try playing around IE compatibility modes (x-ua-compatible meta tag or doctype)

Hope that help

bkgkavi
12 Jun 2013, 12:09 AM
thanks for your answer kamaladafrica,

the problem with explorer came because i missed to insert the doctype on the top of my source.
But now i try to work this picker without this. if i do it i will post the source.

by the way thank you very much, to answer me quickly for my previous post