PDA

View Full Version : Toolbar can't be put in the body

stever
4 May 2010, 6:00 PM
The Designer seems to force you to dock it. I want to be able to drag it into any container.

stever
4 May 2010, 6:03 PM
I was able to trick it into letting me drop it into a tab panel, like I want, but then it outsmarts me by telling me I can't have a title (so the tabpanel look lame).

jarrednicholls
5 May 2010, 7:27 AM
I'm not sure I follow regarding your title issue. However, you can drag the Toolbar out onto a container and then select "(none)" in your Dock options. This will make the toolbar a standard "item" child component of the container, rather than docked to tbar/fbar/bbar.

Let me know if this makes sense and perhaps elaborate on your titling issue.

stever
5 May 2010, 10:21 AM
OK, let's backup and try again:

Drag a container onto the design area. Drag a toolbar onto that. It won't drop.

Drag a panel onto the design area. Drag a toolbar onto that. Change the dock option to none. Now give the toolbar a height of 250. It does not change size.

Drag a tabpanel onto the design area. Drag a toolbar onto the body of the current tab. Change the dock option to none. Click in the body of the current tab under the toolbar. There is now an error in line 7 of designer-complete.js and restarting Ext Designer is necessary.

jarrednicholls
10 May 2010, 9:29 AM
As you may have seen, this is fixed in the latest build. Thanks.

stever
11 May 2010, 11:39 AM
As you may have seen, this is fixed in the latest build. Thanks.

Actually, it got better on one later build, but is now back to the bad behavior again. I still get the JS error of null is not an object, for example (line 7 of designer-complete.js again). This is from the update I was prompted to install today.