PDA

View Full Version : Download and installation issues

mmullany
17 May 2010, 5:36 PM
Thread for download and installation issues

mrsunshine
17 May 2010, 11:19 PM
First: Congrats Ext Team for the new great product!!

here my first feedback:

it would be cool to have a list where i the tester can fast read following things are allowed with this beta and those not.
Like:

write (blog /twitter/ ..) about Ext Touch
speak about it
show it others
put the test apps on a public server

its annoying to read the hole beta test agreement, when the only thing you want to do its play around with the new product ;-).
Maybe you can clear the four questions for me and others :-)

On the agreement page is no information what the user have to inser in the sign up field. email address works fine for me ;-) don't know if thats clear for everybody :-?

Nils

abe.elias
18 May 2010, 12:32 AM
Hey Nils, we'd love to see you share your stuff with the rest of the beta participants. You can post your code samples and screen shots on the private forum for that. But if you want to share a live app, please put it behind a password protection and post the link and a password to the Sharing forum.

Please do not write, speak, or share app examples with people who are not in the friends and family beta. The beta agreement is fairly clear on this although I know it's a long doc to read through.

mrsunshine
18 May 2010, 12:37 AM
Okay ;-),

but how to share the test application with you (forum) when i am not allowed to upload it anywhere?

copy past the source to the board? :-)

Scorpie
18 May 2010, 1:16 AM
Why not host it and secure it with an username/pass that gets posted here?

jay@moduscreate.com
18 May 2010, 2:38 AM
Why not host it and secure it with an username/pass that gets posted here?

It's trivial to setup a local web environment.

mrsunshine
18 May 2010, 2:46 AM
yes off course,

the idea behind my question was:
how should the beta tester / ext team share there applications?
- public server
- server with access protection
- post code in the board

i didn't know which is is the prefered way

Scorpie
18 May 2010, 2:59 AM

True, but I was actually referring to the sharing of examples/code/projects.

jay@moduscreate.com
18 May 2010, 6:15 AM
True, but I was actually referring to the sharing of examples/code/projects.
Web hosting is cheap too. :-\

Jamie Avins
18 May 2010, 8:05 AM
http://www.extjs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?58-Ext-Touch-Examples-and-Showcases was created for code sharing and examples. Only testers have access to that forum, if anyone has access issues with it, please let me know.

jay@moduscreate.com
18 May 2010, 8:07 AM
I'm guessing they want Ext JS to provide hosting?

mrsunshine
18 May 2010, 8:10 AM
I'm guessing they want Ext JS to provide hosting?
No :-)

i want to know, if i should put the applications on my server and post the link and maybe access informations
or if i post a zip with the files

jay@moduscreate.com
18 May 2010, 8:12 AM
i suppose if you wan to share the code, you can include the zips. :P

jay@moduscreate.com
18 May 2010, 8:12 AM
... though, I would choose github if possible. But that might breach the agreement.

mrsunshine
18 May 2010, 8:23 AM
... though, I would choose github if possible. But that might breach the agreement.
indeed, course of the agreements i asked for the allowed / not allowed list :-) #2 (http://www.extjs.com/forum/showthread.php?99482-Download-and-installation-issues&p=468450#post468450)

aw1zard2
18 May 2010, 8:24 AM
I was planning on doing just short code snippets with a full demo from my private server with login. Then if someone wanted to see the whole thing just give a url to the main zip on the website. Otherwise not release all my tricks. ;)

mmullany
18 May 2010, 12:00 PM
aw1 - please don't put any Ext Touch materials or applications in a publicly crawlable location. If you want to share your app, then post it behind a password and post your password to the sharing forum.

aw1zard2
18 May 2010, 12:46 PM
I will don't worry my current Ext JS login uses a 2048 bit client encryption before sending anything to the backend.
We are working with some government projects. =)
So I will make sure nothing is showing.

:)

I know I won't be able to get that from the mobile but will have ssl and most likely .htaccess
Not unless you know of a better way to do mobile logins with security. Does md5 work ok on mobile devices or is it open?

planewryter
10 Dec 2010, 2:28 AM
Just downloaded Sencha Touch.

When it comes to installation instructions, the Getting Started Guide is too sparse for me to act.

For "Set up your Environment," the Guide says:
1. Download the Sencha Touch Libraries.
2. Make sure your development environment is set up.
3. Make sure your development and production Web servers are properly installed and configured.

I've search the Forums, Tutorials, etc. for more details.

What has to be done to "make sure [my] development environment is set up"? Same for "development and production Web servers"? And...after downloading sencha-touch-1.0.1.zip...then what? Is there an installer? Where does it go? Can I use Sencha Touch with Netbeans?

This newbie welcomes your specific installation suggestions with thanks.

scriv123
18 Sep 2012, 4:22 AM
Hi - Have just signed up for the trial on Touch 2 - have downloaded but have the following issues :
I have a W7 laptop - it has IIS. You say IIS can be used for my 'web server' but give no instructions on doing that, instead, the documentation suggests I use I use XAMPP or something - why not document IIS - and who is likely to be using an XP machine now?

I then seem to need to move, rename and mess around with everything. I've never seen a better way to ruin a first time users experience than your install. My 30 days will elapse well before I can even install it.

Why would you assume I know everything about a 'web server' and how to install it? I've never used IIS or experienced managing a web server. Your adverts should say if this platform is only for web experts.

I downloaded the Adobe Flash mobile development system - installed and up and running in 10 mins!
If you cant even get your install documents and process right - instills little faith in the rest of the product.
I reserve judgement.