Ext.ux.form.TinyMCETextArea - a text area with integrated TinyMCE WYSIWYG Editor.
ExtJS form field - a text area with integrated TinyMCE WYSIWYG Editor.
Release date: 13.12.2013
ExtJS Version: 4.2.1
TinyMCE Version: 3.5.10
License: Sencha, LGPL v2.1 or later
Subscribe to this topic to get informed about updates!
The integration is done by deriving from the Ext.form.field.TextArea.
Following issues are covered:
- Initialization in an initially visible and in an initially invisible tab.
- Correct place occupation by the initialization in any ExtJS layout.
- Correct resizing by the resizing of the underlying text area.
- Activation and deactivation of the WYSIWYG editor. Keeping of the cursor position by switching to the HTML text modus.
- Enabling and disabling of the WYSIWYG editor control.
- ReadOnly state support.
- Changing of WYSIWYG settings and CSS file for the editable contents on the fly.
- Pre-formatting of the HTML text in visible and invisible modus.
- Focusing of the WYSIWYG editor control.
- Marking invalid.
- Tracking dirty state.
- Skin "extjs" and the native ExtJS windows for the editor inline popups.
- Storing and restoring cursor position by inserting of a place holder over a popup window.
Download Sources and Demo
Implementation Details and Reference
Have a lot of fun!
The beta version of the TinyMCETextArea for the TimyMCE 4th generation is released. If you want to try out your application with the new TinyMCE editor, you can download the new version from
and test directly under the following link: