You found a bug! We've classified it as a bug in our system. We encourage you to continue the discussion and to find an acceptable workaround while we work on a permanent fix.
    Ext JS Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    ak_mike is on a distinguished road

Default [CLOSED-1058] Text is too light when text area is set to be read only

[CLOSED-1058] Text is too light when text area is set to be read only

At first I used a disable property and override the CSS class to use my own, but that only works in FireFox in IE text is still gray, but I think it’s the nature of the IE browser. But then I read that Ext recommend using read only instead, but that does not works and text is still gray. My question is why when I am setting text area to be read only I get following output:
    <textarea name="ext-comp-1084" class=" x-form-textarea x-item-disabled x-form-field" id="ext-comp-1084" style="background-image: none; border-bottom: 1px; border-left: 1px; background-color: #ffffcc; width: 1509px; height: 123px; border-top: 1px; border-right: 1px;" readOnly="readonly" qtip="" autocomplete="off">
    I am using following code to
    {
    xtype:'textarea',
    readOnly: true,
    disabledClass:'x-item-notepaddisabled',
    anchor:'100%',
    style:'border:1;background-color:#ffffcc;background-image:none',
    ref:'../../../../../../../txtNotepad',
    value:'Some test value'
    }

My question is why is x-item-disabled class gets added to the items in the class when i am not setting textarea to be disabled??? Also, looking at EXT code that generates the area i am seeing that x-item-disabled CSS class gets added to the list of CSS classes when either text field or text area are being set to readonly.

Thank you in advance for any tips on how to solve this.

Mike

Sencha - Community Support Team jsakalos's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    jsakalos has a brilliant future jsakalos has a brilliant future jsakalos has a brilliant future jsakalos has a brilliant future jsakalos has a brilliant future jsakalos has a brilliant future jsakalos has a brilliant future jsakalos has a brilliant future jsakalos has a brilliant future jsakalos has a brilliant future jsakalos has a brilliant future

x-item-disabled CSS class gets added to the list of CSS classes when either text field or text area are being set to readonly
    This doesn't make sense indeed. Moving this thread to bugs for devel-team to fix it or to explain rationale behind it, at least.
    Jozef Sakalos, aka Saki

Education, extensions and services for developers at new http://extjs.eu
    News: Grid Search Plugin, ExtJS 5 Complex Data Binding using MVVM

Ext JS Premium Member
    Vote Rating

I've tried to do the following for the work around

mypage.txtNotepad.removeClass('x-item-disabled');

but the x-item-disabled is not getting removed. Is there another way i can do this? As long as i can find a way to removed the x-item-disabled from the class list it will work perfectly, my text area in that case is still read only and text displayed nicely in black font.

Ext JS Premium Member
    Vote Rating

I've tried to do the following for the work around

mypage.txtNotepad.removeClass('x-item-disabled');

but the x-item-disabled is not getting removed. Is there another way i can do this? As long as i can find a way to removed the x-item-disabled from the class list it will work perfectly, my text area in that case is still read only and text displayed nicely in black font.

Vote Rating
    Jamie Avins is a jewel in the rough Jamie Avins is a jewel in the rough Jamie Avins is a jewel in the rough

Could be an effort to provide a read-only 'look' to fields types which don't support them by default. We'll look into it though.

Sencha - Community Support Team jsakalos's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    jsakalos has a brilliant future jsakalos has a brilliant future jsakalos has a brilliant future jsakalos has a brilliant future jsakalos has a brilliant future jsakalos has a brilliant future jsakalos has a brilliant future jsakalos has a brilliant future jsakalos has a brilliant future jsakalos has a brilliant future jsakalos has a brilliant future

I evaluated it as adding x-item-disable class to read-only component. I don't know if it's on purpose or some leftover/bug.
    Jozef Sakalos, aka Saki

Education, extensions and services for developers at new http://extjs.eu
    News: Grid Search Plugin, ExtJS 5 Complex Data Binding using MVVM

Ext JS Premium Member
    Vote Rating

I was able to find a workaround to this issue. I've added a listener for the render event and when it fires i am calling a my function that removes the CSS x-item-disable class from the list.

This is the code:
    {
    xtype:'textarea',
    anchor:'100%',
    style:'border:1;background-color:#ffffcc;background-image:none',
    ref:'../../../../../../../txtNotepad',
    value:'Some test value',
    listeners:{
    render: renderNotepad
    }
    }

function renderNotepad(mycomp) {
    if (mycomp.el.dom.readOnly)
    mycomp.removeClass('x-item-disabled');
    }

This is the result that i got:

<textarea name="ext-comp-1084" class=" x-form-textarea x-form-field " id="ext-comp-1084" style="background-image: none; border-bottom: 1px; border-left: 1px; background-color: #ffffcc; width: 1509px; height: 123px; border-top: 1px; border-right: 1px;" readOnly="readonly" qtip="" autocomplete="off">

But i think there is still a bug in Ext code, specifically in this part of the code (just an FYI the version we are using is 3.1:

setReadOnly : function(readOnly){
    if(this.rendered){
    this.el.dom.readOnly = readOnly;
    // CUSTOMIZATION: begin block
    if (readOnly){
    this.addClass('x-item-disabled');
    }
    else {
    this.removeClass('x-item-disabled');
    }
    // CUSTOMIZATION: end block
    }
    this.readOnly = readOnly;
    }

Thank you,
    Mike

Vote Rating
    evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute

The current SVN code doesn't do that at all, nor does it seem to do it in 3.1 either.

For example:

Code:
    Ext.onReady(function(){
        new Ext.form.FormPanel({
            width: 400,
            height: 400,
            renderTo: document.body,
            items: {
                xtype: 'textarea',
                value: 'Foo'
            }
        });
    });
    Running this code, in either IE or FF, x-item-disabled is never added and the text is black. I have no idea why you're seeing this issue, but the cause doesn't seem to be something from the library.

Since you didn't provide a test case it's difficult to comment, but I don't think the problem is in the code. Feel free to open another new help thread if you like.

Marking as closed.
    Evan Trimboli
    Sencha Developer
    Twitter - @evantrimboli
    Don't be afraid of the source code!