Ext User
    Vote Rating
    arian10daddy is on a distinguished road

Question Toolbar issue in ExtJS upgrade from 2.2 to 3.2.1

Toolbar issue in ExtJS upgrade from 2.2 to 3.2.1

Hi Folks,

I am in process of upgrading an application from ExtJS v-2.2 to v-3.2.1. I am getting some issues in that.
    Few of those issues are,
    . The increased height of the whole toolbar and items inside it,
    . reduced width of some of the items inside a paging toolbar,
    . Trigger of combobox showing up inspite of the config 'hideTrigger: true'.
    . Radio buttons looking weird in I.E.

Please have a look at the attached image for UI issues.upgrade issue.jpg

Sencha - Community Support Team Condor's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    Condor has much to be proud of Condor has much to be proud of Condor has much to be proud of Condor has much to be proud of Condor has much to be proud of Condor has much to be proud of Condor has much to be proud of Condor has much to be proud of

This looks like you upgraded the Ext javascript library, but forgot to upgrade the stylesheet and images.

Ext User
    Vote Rating

Quote Originally Posted by Condor View Post
    This looks like you upgraded the Ext javascript library, but forgot to upgrade the stylesheet and images.
    Hi Condor,

I have updated the whole library. That includes images and CSS (inside the folder../resources/..)too...
    I don't know what is happening here.

Vote Rating
    Condor has much to be proud of Condor has much to be proud of Condor has much to be proud of Condor has much to be proud of Condor has much to be proud of Condor has much to be proud of Condor has much to be proud of Condor has much to be proud of

Poke it with Firebug to see which css rule is causing the toolbar to become too high.

Ext User
    Vote Rating

Attachment 21034
    Poke it with Firebug to see which css rule is causing the toolbar to become too high.
    been doing that, but to no avail. will continue to do that too....

The contents in the whole website are acting up weird!
    I'll give you another example:
    The attached image "datepicketplus_Is.jpg" is what is showing after upgrade.
    The attached image "datepicketplus_ShouldBe.jpg" is what used to be before upgrade.
    Attached Images

Vote Rating

DatePickerPlus is a user extension that almost certenly needs upgrading to an Ext 3.2.1 compatible version!

Ext User
    Vote Rating

DatePickerPlus is a user extension that almost certenly needs upgrading to an Ext 3.2.1 compatible version!
    I have done that too.... and the verison of the extension that I've upgraded to is 1.4, which is the latest.
    http://www.sencha.com/forum/showthre...datepickerplus

If i look deeply, it seems to be mostly the buttons that are causing the issues. The buttons are being rendered in 3.2.1 in the way of a 3x3 matrix of elements instead of the 1x3 matrix in ExtJS 2.2, and the issue of vertical elongation of buttons comes from the {0,x} and {2,x} elements. I hope I explaned it right. This is just what I found from firebugging the website.

Also, in my attached images in the last post, the datepickerplus is only one thing being used in the particular form. The 'actions' added to the form, or any other buttons for that matter, do not give the feeling of a button on a hover. in firefox, the class 'x-btn-over' seems to be applied but the button background doesn't seem to show, and the buttons have shifted to left.

Vote Rating

Are you sure you don't a css rule for plain <TD> elements?

Ext User
    Vote Rating

This is the html of the title area "June 2010" in the image 'datepicketplus.jpg' attached in the above post.

HTML Code:
    <tr><td class="x-date-left"><a title="Previous Month (Control+Left)" href="#" class="npm x-unselectable" id="ext-gen302" style="-moz-user-select: none;"/></td><td align="center" class="x-date-middle x-date-pickerplus-middle x-date-firstMonth" id="ext-gen305"><table cellspacing="0" class="x-btn x-btn-noicon x-btn-noicon" id="ext-comp-1118" style="width: auto;"><tbody class="x-btn-small x-btn-icon-small-left"><tr><td class="x-btn-tl"><i> </i></td><td class="x-btn-tc"/><td class="x-btn-tr"><i> </i></td></tr><tr><td class="x-btn-ml"><i> </i></td><td class="x-btn-mc"><em unselectable="on" class="x-btn-arrow" id="ext-gen307"><button type="button" id="ext-gen306" class="x-btn-text">June 2010</button></em></td><td class="x-btn-mr"><i> </i></td></tr><tr><td class="x-btn-bl"><i> </i></td><td class="x-btn-bc"/><td class="x-btn-br"><i> </i></td></tr></tbody></table></td><td class="x-date-dummy x-date-middle"/></tr>

Vote Rating

Posting HTML isn't going to help. It's probably a .css problem.

Do you have any custom css you are including?