Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    ksystems is on a distinguished road

Default Model Validation

Model Validation

With the introduction of a "Model" class (to replace record) I was wondering a few things.
    1. Is it possible to bind a form to a model - i.e. have it update the model as the form changes?
    2. Why is validation NOT performed on the model (all apart from type and allowBlank)? It seems weird to extract validation (based on implementations on most other client and server frameworks) from the model and tightly couple the UI components to the model?

I hope these don't come across as criticisms :-P.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    TommyMaintz will become famous soon enough TommyMaintz will become famous soon enough

They definitely don't come across as criticisms as they are valid arguments. Even better yet, both of the things you mentioned will be implemented exactly the way you suggested. It's just that we havent gotten around to doing it, and we want to make sure we do it right.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    ksystems is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by TommyMaintz View Post
    They definitely don't come across as criticisms as they are valid arguments. Even better yet, both of the things you mentioned will be implemented exactly the way you suggested. It's just that we havent gotten around to doing it, and we want to make sure we do it right.
    Good to hear. Thanks for the response.

James

Sencha - Community Support Team
    Vote Rating
    meyerovb is on a distinguished road

When I go to the api and search for allowblank it pulls up properties for all the form fields, but when I click on them the property doesn't actually show on the component's documentation page. Is there an example that demonstrates form validation in sencha?