Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    cbox is on a distinguished road

Question Many js files in export

Many js files in export

Hi,

I'm using ext designer to speed up the visual part the development and it is a very nice tool to work with.

When i export from ext designer i get many js files and i was wondering which is the best way to handle all these files.

Should i manually group my UI's into some single files or is it just fine to have all these js includes?
    If i group them into single files, then ext designer is not able to export directly to the project anymore but if i don't do it i can end up with 100+ js files to include.

I hope you understand my question.

Sencha - Desktop Packager Dev Team jarrednicholls's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    jarrednicholls will become famous soon enough jarrednicholls will become famous soon enough

Sure I understand your question. What we at Sencha do in our own projects is we have all of our JS files independent just as the Designer generates. We use a tool that we built called JSBuilder to compile and compress the files together into a single output file, and that's what we use in "production", but in "development" we have the files loaded independently. See the JSBuilder page for more information and download: http://www.sencha.com/products/jsbuilder/

So, for your development cycle, you can have the files independent (even if there are 100+, who cares!) and thus re-exportable from the Designer. Then when you go to production, definitely compress them into one file and load just the one file.

Hope that helps.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    cbox is on a distinguished road

Perfect.. Thank you!!