Ext User
    Vote Rating
    djMax is on a distinguished road

Default Resizable control: limit width/height action

Resizable control: limit width/height action

I have a resize control attached to a div whose width is 100%. I *only* want to resize it's height. Problem is the ext control sets both width and height even though I only have a vertical sizer. I propose adding a couple of properties to control this behavior. First, agreed this is a good idea? Second, what would be the proper "ext" names for these params? Third, how would I go about getting this into the real thing?

Thanks!
    Last edited by mystix; 1 Aug 2007 at 6:00 PM. Reason: moved to Help from General

Vote Rating
    evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute

You're probably best off posting this in help.

Do you have some example code (or an example page would be better).

Ext User
    Vote Rating

Here's the page as it is, using the MSFT control that I modified to do the same:

http://www.povo.com/Help:Editing?edit

Ext User
    Vote Rating

Default Resizable control: limit resizing to width/height

Resizable control: limit resizing to width/height

I have a resize control attached to a div whose width is 100%. I *only* want to resize it's height. Problem is the ext control sets both width and height even though I only have a vertical sizer. This means if the user then resizes the window, they don't keep 100%. I propose adding a couple of properties to control this behavior. First, agreed this is a good idea? Second, what would be the proper "ext" names for these params? Third, how would I go about getting this into the real thing?

Thanks!

Vote Rating
    evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute

With a resizable you can specify the handles, just give it a south handle only and it should never resize the width.

Vote Rating

From the other post, With a resizable you can specify the handles, just give it a south handle only and it should never resize the width.

Ext User
    Vote Rating

Yeah, I do that, but the problem is ext still *sets* the width even though it doesn't intend to change them. The problem is that it has implicitly changed the width from 100% to a pixel value. Perhaps I could have a resize handler that "undid" the width setting, though that could cause a flicker.

Ext User
    Vote Rating

The resizable code does this in dynamic mode:

this.el.setSize(box.width, box.height, this.animate, this.duration, null, this.easing);

Could I (Should I) just replace this function on my element? I'm confused because Element.js setSize doesn't take this many args. The only other I could find was in Layer.js, but it calls supr.setSize (which I think is Element) with the same unused args.

Sencha - Community Support Team mystix's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    mystix will become famous soon enough

[merged repeated thread].

Thread Participants: 2