Thank you for reporting this bug. We will make it our priority to review this report.
    Vote Rating
    mihaip007 is on a distinguished road

Default [CLOSED-184] Editable Grouping Grid

[CLOSED-184] Editable Grouping Grid

Hi...!

What are the Designer steps in designing a grid with grouping abilities as well as editing abilities?
    I am a bit lost hehehe

Thanks a bunch - great work you guys...!
    Mihai

Sencha - Desktop Packager Dev Team jarrednicholls's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    jarrednicholls will become famous soon enough jarrednicholls will become famous soon enough

Hi Mihai,

In the Designer, the steps are fairly simple. You start by creating an EditorGridPanel. This new grid panel will come pre-canned with several columns and column editors (which are just form field components). You edit the existing columns or delete/create columns as needed, and you can attach the appropriate column editor to each column that you want to be editable. So if you want a text box to show up when editing, then you want to add a TextField. If you want a drop down when editing, add and configure a ComboBox. Etc.

Lastly, for grouping, you can add the GroupingView to the EditorGridPanel and configure it to group on a particular data attribute from your store records.

Let me know if that is enough information to get you started. Good luck!

Jarred

Vote Rating
    mihaip007 is on a distinguished road

Hi Jarred!

Thank you so much for coming back to me so soon! I did what you suggested, but when it comes to dragging a GroupingView over the EditorGroupPanel component, the interface seems to break...!

It's as if there is an error of some kind...

And in the Component tree (on the right hand side) it attaches itself to the EditorGridPanel right under a column...!
    I don't know if I am making sense...!

Mihai

P.S.
    Attached check the project at hand uf you don't mind hehehehe
    Attached Files

Vote Rating
    jarrednicholls will become famous soon enough jarrednicholls will become famous soon enough

Thanks Mihai, I have this ticket open and will get this fixed ASAP for the next release. Thanks for reporting it! It's ok that the view is placed under a column, that doesn't matter...but there is an issue with Ext JS itself in terms of rendering the component that didn't exist before, so I will get it resolved.

Jarred

Vote Rating

Hi Mihai,

I'm going to have to remove the GroupingView in the next release until we release the custom Store configurations (where you can supply your own DataProxy, DataReader, and DataWriter configs). The GroupingView needs a GroupingStore to work (whoops!) and we don't support the GroupingStore at the moment, but we will when we allow for custom proxy, reader, and writer configurations against a generic Store or a GroupingStore. I'll try to prioritize this for a near future release.

If you need grouping functionality, you will need to create your own custom GroupingStore and attach to your EditorGridPanel along with the GroupingView. See http://www.sencha.com/deploy/dev/doc...d.GroupingView and http://www.sencha.com/deploy/dev/doc....GroupingStore for more information.

Vote Rating
    lorezyra will become famous soon enough

Bump.

Just curious... When can we expect to see the Grouping Store available in Designer? An IDEAL situation would have all the available features of EXTjs ready to use in the Designer.
    Perfection as a goal is a nice idea that can point one in a specific direction. However, since "perfection" is an ever changing (evolving?) and moving target, one must admit that perfection can never be obtained...

When in doubt, check the d4mn source code!