Ext User
    Vote Rating
    gwthompson is on a distinguished road

Default Dashboard app best approach with Sencha Touch

Dashboard app best approach with Sencha Touch

Hi,

I'm looking to implement a dashboard type of app with a home screen similar to the Examples home screen that is part of the Sencha Touch download. I want to be able to make this a full screen app that would be launched from the iPad desktop and once loaded allow the user to select different types of "mini-apps" also built with Sencha. Each "mini-app" would then return to the home page dashboard when the user is finished using it.

My question is this:

When I set the Sencha examples home page to launch from the desktop it loads fine but when I click one of the examples it loads the iPad Safari app instead of staying within the Examples space. What would be the best way to have all of these "mini-apps" launch within the same dashboard space?

Hopefully this makes sense...

Forgive me if there is an obvious answer as I am still getting up to speed on this platform.

Thanks,
    g

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    TommyMaintz will become famous soon enough TommyMaintz will become famous soon enough

This is functionality that we have been talking about internally. It is something that would be very cool, but we decided not to include it in the feature list for 1.0 since it is not very common. So for now you would have to implement this custom. This might be something we add in 1.1.

If you want to take a stab at it, the "proper" way to implement this is to create a new layout.