Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

Default Porting of Sencha Touch API Docs

Porting of Sencha Touch API Docs

So I find myself wanting to see the API Docs for Sencha Touch (And even ExtJS) on my iPad for quick reference. Have you tried it? I cannot scroll and then the Viewport gets all screwed up. So why not have a Sencha Touch version of the API Docs? Well, I started do this and it's a pain in the ass! I'm creating a JSON file that is about 1,000 lines right now and is about 79 kb is size. I have started with the root items: Array, Date, Ext, Function, Number, and String and it's taken me about 4 hours to get them in there. This is super tedious.

Anyway, I want to know what everyone thinks of this so far. I have a few things I want to change and add (such as code highlighting for the code).

So what I am using is the Kitchen Sink layout. On the left is what will hold all the classes and such (like what the TreePanel currently displays). Of course the "parent" items that have "children" will then move the list to those "children". If they do not have any "children" then the right Panel will display the config options, properties, methods, events, etc. The right Panel is actually a FormPanel with Fieldsets that have TextAreas for the different items. Click on the Label to display an Overlay Panel for more info (this is like clicking the arrow to display an example).

Yes, I know I need an icon to show if the item in the left panel is a class or singleton or has children. Along with that I know I need an icon to show if the item in the right panel has more info that will be displayed in the Overlay Panel.

I chose the FormPanel because I love the way it looks out of the box and adding the tap event listener to the labelEl was super easy!

So let me know what you think. Any bugs, features, hints, help you want to share go ahead! I will probably be creating a repository on GitHub.

http://www.simoens.org/projects/SenchaTouchDocs/
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Vote Rating
    blessan is on a distinguished road

Looks very impressive. Will you be posting the code? It would be excellent reference material.

Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by blessan View Post
    Looks very impressive. Will you be posting the code? It would be excellent reference material.
    I'm wanting this to be able to be used by anyone and allow them to add their classes to this so yes it will be released. I'm hoping I get it done sometime this year lol. This is actually a tremendous amount of work.

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

Vote Rating

New milestone for the Docs.... added icon for the types (class, package, component...). Also added an arrow on the items that have child items! Now I just have to go through all the child items and add the different config, property, method, and event items... this is what will take forever!

Vote Rating
    christopherscott is on a distinguished road

Hey I'd love to help work on this; is it up on github yet? If so let me know, my name on github is the same, christopherscott