Thank you for reporting this bug. We will make it our priority to review this report.
    Ext User
    Vote Rating
    corgs is on a distinguished road

Default [FIXED-223] Too many touchstart events on multi-touch platform

[FIXED-223] Too many touchstart events on multi-touch platform

In trying to investigate the problem mentioned in my previous post (223) I have discovered that there seem to be too many events fired on iPhone & iPad when two fingers are used. The action I am investigating is (a) touch and hold on a target 1 then, without letting go, (b) touch and hold on target 2. So if we only consider touchstart events I would expect a touchstart on target 1 followed by a touchstart on target 2. If I remove the finger from target 2 I would not expect any more touchstart events.

What actually happens (code attached) is that on touch (b) I get two touchstart events (one for each target). Often (but not always) I get another touchstart on removing the finger from target 2.

In my example there are three targets , two green tappables and the grey backplane. Any two of these three can be used as the two targets for testing.

[As a P.S., and not really related to the above, I have been having a look at the code of TouchEventManager and I see in ext-touch-debug.js, in TouchEventManager, in the 'onTouchMove' section

if (track.tap && absDeltaX >= me.tapThreshold || absDeltaY >= me.tapThreshold) {

...it looks to me as though another set of brackets around the 'or' condition might be required.]
    Attached Files

Sencha - Community Support Team hendricd's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    hendricd will become famous soon enough hendricd will become famous soon enough

Thanks corgs,

We'll examine both issues.
    "be dom-ready..."
    Doug Hendricks

Maintaining ux: ManagedIFrame, MIF2 (FAQ, Wiki), ux.Media/Flash, AudioEvents, ux.Chart[Fusion,OFC,amChart], ext-basex.js/$JIT, Documentation Site.

Got Sencha licensing questions? Find out more here.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    TommyMaintz will become famous soon enough TommyMaintz will become famous soon enough

With the new gesture system in 0.96 this should be fixed. If you could confirm after the release, that would be very helpful.