Sencha - Community Support Team mankz's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    mankz is a name known to all mankz is a name known to all mankz is a name known to all mankz is a name known to all mankz is a name known to all mankz is a name known to all

Default Interesting high performance grid

Interesting high performance grid

Just found SlickGrid which claims to be able to handle millions of rows, pretty impressive. Might have some concepts that would be of interest for the Ext 4.0 gridpanel restructuring?

Interesting StackOverflow discussion here: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2...llions-of-rows

Sencha - Ext JS Dev Team Animal's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    Animal has a spectacular aura about Animal has a spectacular aura about Animal has a spectacular aura about

There is one for Ext JS.

http://www.ext-livegrid.com/demo/

Sencha - Community Support Team mankz's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    mankz is a name known to all mankz is a name known to all mankz is a name known to all mankz is a name known to all mankz is a name known to all mankz is a name known to all

Seen it, like it but according to the extreme usecase of the StackOverflow question (millions of rows) - the Ext LiveGrid fails at 50k+ rows. Not that I'd ever show that much data but still interesting .

I implemented ext-livegrid, and that fails for large data sets (ie. more than 50,000 rows) too.. Any robust implementations of this, or should I go with Adobe Flex (which I know can do it)? – Rudiger Mar 13 at 22:55

Sencha - Ext JS Dev Team Animal's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    Animal has a spectacular aura about Animal has a spectacular aura about Animal has a spectacular aura about

Yes, it is an impressive demo.

In particular the live filtering.

Vote Rating
    ThorstenSuckow is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by mankz View Post
    Seen it, like it but according to the extreme usecase of the StackOverflow question (millions of rows) - the Ext LiveGrid fails at 50k+ rows. Not that I'd ever show that much data but still interesting .
    Definitely not true. There have been issues with rendering the inset for the scrollbar (max height for a div element differs from browser to browser), but that has been fixed already.

Sencha - Community Support Team jay@moduscreate.com's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all

Quote Originally Posted by MindPatterns View Post
    Definitely not true. There have been issues with rendering the inset for the scrollbar (max height for a div element differs from browser to browser), but that has been fixed already.

+1 - live grid has matured and was used in large customer applications that I've developed.

Touch Premium Member jeffcrilly's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    jeffcrilly is on a distinguished road

SlickGrid seems nice, and might make sense if you just needed "grid" and not many other components... i.e. if you dont have a requirement for an ~application~ library such as ext-js.
    ~ 1 million rows is maybe ok for some sites, but I did notice the slickgrid example (for me on DSL) spent alot of time "Buffering"... didnt seem right.
    Livegrid has an interesting approach to buffering that seems to work transparently - prefetching data before it is needed.
    The slickgrid ux for filtering is a nice touch; would like to see something like that in ext (the grid filtering plugin on the column headers is less than ideal).
    Also, fwiw, we implemented a similar "search & filter" feature on top of livegrid in our app.. took much less than a day to accomplish including rendering bolded search matches in the grid, etc. Very nice outcome.

Touch Premium Member jeffcrilly's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    jeffcrilly is on a distinguished road

Default speaking of livegrid...

speaking of livegrid...

Thorsten ..

One enhancement to LiveGrid I'd like to see is support for wordwrap in a cell.
    E.g. if text in a cell doesnt fit in the width of the column, then text is wrapped. In this scenario, the whole row height is increased.

(Note: the ext grid currently supports this capability.)

I realize this is a non-trivial change... and probably already asked... just thought I might make a suggestion B^)