Ext User
    Vote Rating
    olin is on a distinguished road

Default Pointers on loading up any webpage from our server in a mobile sencha touch app

Pointers on loading up any webpage from our server in a mobile sencha touch app

Am hopeful someone on this list can point me to examples of building out a large mobile site using Sencha Touch. I created the core app with a bunch of tabs on the bottom of the page (Ext.TabPanel) and wired up custom pages for each button that pull in data via JSONP. But what I pull in includes links to other content on our site. Does anyone have examples that I can look at so I can create a way for folks to click on the links in my mobile app and get taken to a view on the mobile app that loads in the content from our website? I can package the content on our server in any way possible. I am assuming that if I package up this app for AppStore deployment then the remote content will always have to come via JSONP.

Thanks in advance!

Vote Rating
    evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute

It's a bit vague, but you could just use an iframe.
    Evan Trimboli
    Sencha Developer
    Twitter - @evantrimboli
    Don't be afraid of the source code!

Ext User
    Vote Rating
    olin is on a distinguished road

Thanks Evan. What I want to do is like a Facebook feed. I can display our community's latest happenings (http://www.kanuhawaii.org/mypages/) in a TabPanel via JSONP. But I am unsure how to go beyond this first level.

Some questions (sorry I just started developing with Sencha Touch so figuring this all out)

1. Can I load up a tab with iFrame contents? Ex: Ext.getCmp('feedTab').update(???an iframe url???);

2. If not, when someone clicks on a link from one of the feed items, how would I have that go to a tab (preferably with the slide animation) and load up an iframe so it seems like it is still part of the mobile app?

3. Would anything you suggest make our app not suitable for packaging in the appstore?

Also, do you have a good example of creating a login form? Am hoping I can login folks in and then via cookies determine what content to show.

Thanks!