Ext JS Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    mediamacros is on a distinguished road

Default Phonegap debug.log Blows up my Sencha Touch UI

Phonegap debug.log Blows up my Sencha Touch UI

I have a very odd one I found today. I built a Sencha based app and it runs fine on all iPhones tested except iPhone 3G and OS 4. All other setups appear to work fine. Note that in a browser it works fine on the phone, just not as an app.

So I decided to use the console to find out how far it gets. I have a main panel with about 10 cards inside it for interface. I added some debug.log() statements (phonegap) and ran the simulator. It all stopped working on the main screen just like the 3G was doing. Upon MUCH more testing it seems that any calls to debug.log() will log the line but also seems to destroy my UI. It just goes blank. Anyone seen anything like this before?

Thanks.

-Chuck

Vote Rating
    evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute

Haven't seen that before, don't know what might be causing it.
    Evan Trimboli
    Sencha Developer
    Twitter - @evantrimboli
    Don't be afraid of the source code!

Ext JS Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    mediamacros is on a distinguished road

I removed anything in the phonegap script I was not using and it seems to work again. The log statements still break it if it triggers a log or error. I do get a brief flash of the UI so it does load but something about the log was causing it to clear out the visuals. I'll keep investigating. I do wonder if naming my script/object 'application' might have something to do with it as well. Thanks for the reply anyway.

Ext JS Premium Member Steffen Hiller's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    Steffen Hiller will become famous soon enough Steffen Hiller will become famous soon enough

Have you tried using console.log which logs stuff in the xcode console? (in simulator mode, but also might work when testing on device.)

Ext JS Premium Member Steffen Hiller's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    Steffen Hiller will become famous soon enough Steffen Hiller will become famous soon enough

Ooops, old thread already. Didn't see that.