Ext User
    Vote Rating
    dbassett74 is on a distinguished road

Default Adding links to posts within this site triggers moderator needs to approve

Adding links to posts within this site triggers moderator needs to approve

Why?

Sencha - Community Support Team Condor's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    Condor has much to be proud of Condor has much to be proud of Condor has much to be proud of Condor has much to be proud of Condor has much to be proud of Condor has much to be proud of Condor has much to be proud of Condor has much to be proud of

I suspect that vBulletin is still configured for extjs.com, so it thinks that links to sencha.com are external and increase the post spam level.

I'll try and contact somebody from the core team to see if this is the case.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    skyboyer is on a distinguished road

it looks like unresolved.
    I've just created topic with problem's explanation and only one link targeted ExtJS's documentation.
    Topic has gone to moderator approvment.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    mmullany is on a distinguished road

We are in the middle of a persistent and ever-escalating war with spammers on the forums who use our pretty open registration system to post links to their properties, and sometimes to post links to their competitor's properties with bad link attributes (pretty nasty black hat SEO). We've done many, many, many things to detect and ban SEO spammers, but they adapt quickly. Recently, we've implemented a system where posts that contain active hyper links will sometimes be kicked into a moderation queue to make sure that it is a legitimate link. I know this is inconvenient, but it's proven to be a necessary step.

Vote Rating
    skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future

Quote Originally Posted by mmullany View Post
    Recently, we've implemented a system where posts that contain active hyper links will sometimes be kicked into a moderation queue to make sure that it is a legitimate link.
    Links to the sencha.com domain need to be exempt.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    mmullany is on a distinguished road

That makes sense. Let me suggest to Mitchell.