Thank you for reporting this bug. We will make it our priority to review this report.
    Sencha - Community Support Team Condor's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    Condor has much to be proud of Condor has much to be proud of Condor has much to be proud of Condor has much to be proud of Condor has much to be proud of Condor has much to be proud of Condor has much to be proud of Condor has much to be proud of

Default [DUPE/FIXED] XDS produces incorrect code for FormPanel and BorderLayout regions.

[DUPE/FIXED] XDS produces incorrect code for FormPanel and BorderLayout regions.

(I'm not using XDS myself and I am only reporting this for another user, so correct me if I've missed something)

The Designer doesn't take into account that BasicForm and BorderLayout.Region are constructed from the initialConfig of the component.

Example: The following two panels won't use the marked config options, because they are not part the the object's initialConfig.
    Code:
    MyPanelUi = Ext.extend(Ext.Panel, {
        title: 'My Panel',
        region: 'west',
        width: 200,
        split: true,
        initComponent: function() {
            MyPanelUi.superclass.initComponent.call(this);
        }
    });
    MyFormUi = Ext.extend(Ext.form.FormPanel, {
        title: 'My Form',
        layout: 'form',
        standardSubmit: true,
        url: 'myurl.html',
            MyFormUi.superclass.initComponent.call(this);
        }
    });

Vote Rating
    Condor has much to be proud of Condor has much to be proud of Condor has much to be proud of Condor has much to be proud of Condor has much to be proud of Condor has much to be proud of Condor has much to be proud of Condor has much to be proud of

I read that the next maintenaince release already fixes the BasicForm problem. Does it also fix the BorderLayout.Region problem?

Vote Rating

I did a quick scan of the Ext code and initialConfig is used by a lot more components than I thought.

AnchorLayout
    BorderLayout
    ToolbarLayout
    ComboBox
    SliderField
    GridView
    FormPanel
    and some other components that you can't define in XDS.

Sencha - Desktop Packager Dev Team jarrednicholls's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    jarrednicholls will become famous soon enough jarrednicholls will become famous soon enough

Hey Condor,

Yes all of the configurations for components that are read from initialConfig are going to be applied to a config object and passed into a constructor, rather than set directly on the prototype or set within initComponent.

The change to, for example the FormPanels, will look like this:

Code:
    MyFormUi = Ext.extend(Ext.form.FormPanel, {
        title: 'My Form',
        layout: 'form',
        constructor: function(config){
            MyFormUi.superclass.constructor.call(this, Ext.apply(config || {}, {
                url: 'myurl.html'
            }));
        },
            MyFormUi.superclass.initComponent.call(this);
        }
    });
    Since they will be passed into the constructor as a part of the config object, they will be set to the initialConfig object in Ext.Component.constructor.

Vote Rating

No, that's wrong. It should be:
    Code:
    MyFormUi.superclass.constructor.call(this, Ext.apply({
        url: 'myurl.html'
    }, config));
    1. You should not modify the config object (it could be reused to create more objects).
    2. You should be able to override the default options with the config object.

ps. Which properties do you currently have marked as being required in the constructor?

Sencha - Desktop Packager Dev Team jarrednicholls's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    jarrednicholls will become famous soon enough jarrednicholls will become famous soon enough

Yes I know, I just typed it up wrong but that's what I'm doing. It will be the same as the Store generated code:

Code:
    MyStore = Ext.extend(Ext.data.JsonStore, {
        constructor: function(cfg) {
            cfg = cfg || {};
            MyStore.superclass.constructor.call(this, Ext.apply({
                storeId: 'MyStore'
            }, cfg));
        }
    });
    Which properties? All that are read from initialConfig of course. In the case of FormPanel, all that belong to BasicForm.

Vote Rating

Quote Originally Posted by jarrednicholls View Post
    Which properties? All that are read from initialConfig of course. In the case of FormPanel, all that belong to BasicForm.
    Did you scan the entire Ext codebase? (e.g. do you set 'width' in the constructor when a component is in an AnchorLayout?).