Ext User
    Vote Rating
    vincenario2005 is on a distinguished road

Default Steps to test sencha Touch GeoTweet app

Steps to test sencha Touch GeoTweet app

Hi everyone, I need help on how to test the GeoTweet and the Geocongress sencha touch sample web applications. Thanks in advance.

Vote Rating
    evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute

Your question is a little vague, perhaps you could expand a bit on your description.
    Evan Trimboli
    Sencha Developer
    Twitter - @evantrimboli
    Don't be afraid of the source code!

Ext User
    Vote Rating
    vincenario2005 is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the concern, new to sencha touch. That is the testing of Forexample the Geotweet sample app from setting up the sencha touch development and production environment. Have gone through the getting started turorial for the Geotweet sample app but still having problems to fully test it.

Vote Rating
    evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute

All you need to do to get it to run is extract it on a web server, that's it.
    Evan Trimboli
    Sencha Developer
    Twitter - @evantrimboli
    Don't be afraid of the source code!

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    v0nni is on a distinguished road

This thread is old, but i know someone else will experience the same issues coming from a different background; I know I have. To test out the sencha touch samples locally or any web based sample, you need a local web development environment set up. If you are on a PC, download wamp. If you are on a Mac, download MAMP. There are lots of online videos that'll show you how to properly install and get your local environments running. Once you have that, you will be able to test the samples easily. In the url make sure you point to( http://localhost: )and whatever you have your settings set at.

This is something that wasn't fully clarified at the beginning of the getting started tutorials. One of the Sencha guys made a note of this and I think that information is available. (I even contacted Sencha on youtube to explain to me what it is)Thanks!

We all come from different backgrounds and are not familiar with "web development environments". I came from a flash development background and had no clue.