Ext User
    Vote Rating
    zurdophp is on a distinguished road

Default TypeError: Cannot read property 'parentNode' of undefined

TypeError: Cannot read property 'parentNode' of undefined

Good morning from Valencia, Venezuela; and sorry for my poor english. I have two grids, one that is loaded into a panel (this panel is in a tab), and other that is loaded into another tab. Both are in a FormPanel, this FormPanel is in a Window that is called when I make double click from a record of a master grid. This master grid is called when I make click in an icon that is located on Web Desktop. The error is: "TypeError: Cannot read property 'parentNode' of undefined", and this occurs when I close the window that content the formPanel. I think that the grid is destroyed by the close instruction, and I can't use the property 'hide', because when I make double click in another record, the data is not loaded, and the task bar of the Web Desktop don't remove the item. Thanks in advance, I will return crazy with this issue...

PS: Don't put the code, because when I comment the lines that show the grids into a formPanel, the app work fine.

Sencha - Community Support Team Condor's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    Condor has much to be proud of Condor has much to be proud of Condor has much to be proud of Condor has much to be proud of Condor has much to be proud of Condor has much to be proud of Condor has much to be proud of Condor has much to be proud of

Not much information to go on...

Can't you hide the window (closeAction:'hide') and reuse the window for the next record, e.g.

Code:
    var win = Ext.getCmp('mywindow');
    if (!win) {
      win = new Ext.Window({
        id: 'mywindow',
        closeAction: 'hide',
      });
      win.render(Ext.getBody());
    }
    var form = win.find('itemId', 'myform'); // example - use your own method to locate the form in the window
    form.getForm().loadRecord(record);
    win.show();