Vote Rating
    bclinton will become famous soon enough bclinton will become famous soon enough

Default Did the guide example stop working?

Did the guide example stop working?

Hi, I was trying out Sencha Touch for the first time last night and I reused some code from the guide example. It went well, but then this morning I tried to show someone else and it wasn't working any longer. Then I noticed that the guide example was no longer working either: just a blank page where the map should be.

I am using Chrome to test for now because I don't have a smartphone. Is the guide example broken for other people too or is it something on my end? http://dev.sencha.com/deploy/touch/examples/guide/ It no longer asks me if it's ok to share my location so I think that may have something to do with it.

Also, is there a better way to develop/test on windows than Chrome with its version of Firebug? I think the docs should probably cover this a little more (or I missed the docs that covered it) because I spent most of my time just figuring out how I was supposed to view Sencha Touch apps without a smart phone.

Sencha - Community Support Team jay@moduscreate.com's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all

To view sencha touch apps - i would use Safari (or webkit nightlies) or the Iphone simulator.

Sencha - Community Support Team jay@moduscreate.com's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all

it doesn't work locally for me. Is it a published example?