Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

Will look into this. Thanks for the report.
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    ksystems is on a distinguished road

Is it possible to use this extension without having the dataview scroll (and not having to fix the height)? Essentially I have a fullscreen panel with a vbox layout. It includes a few grids and I need to be able to scroll up and down the entire panel but the current scrolling of the grids breaks this. I did turn the scrolling of of grids but can't find a way to make the dataview set it's own height. Is this possible?

Apologies if this has been mentioned already.
    Last edited by ksystems; 7 Mar 2011 at 11:41 PM. Reason: Grammar fail!

Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by ksystems View Post
    Is it possible to use this extension without having the dataview scroll
    Just commited a change to the GitHub repo. TO disable scroll:

v
    Code:
    ar grid = {
        xtype : "touchgridpanel",
        scroll : false //can be false, vertical, horizontal, both
    };
    About it's own height... all this extension really is is a Panel and a DataView so it theory it should be able to adhere to any layout and if you specify it's height.

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    venumobile is on a distinguished road

Hi Mitchell,

I have an app where there's a grid view loaded in a panel, and there's a selection box where the user can choose which view they want. A new selection brings up an entirely different grid - different column model, different store, etc.

What do you think would be the best way to handle this, performance wise? I don't want to have to pre-load all of the grids ahead of time if the user never wants to see most of them. Is it possible to dynamically change the colModel and store on the same grid? Or should I remove the grid component and add a new one to the panel each time?

Vote Rating

I think the easiest way to do it is just remove old and add new grid. That being said you can show/hide columns. The underlying DataView's bindStore method would have to be executed. May need to add a function to the grid panel to do this but you can do it this way:

Code:
    var dataview = grid.dataview;
    dataview.bindStore(store);
    To show/hide a column, you do this:

Code:
    grid.toggleColumn(column index);

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating

Thank you Mitchell! I'll give both ways a shot and see if it makes any difference to performance.

Vote Rating

Quote Originally Posted by venumobile View Post
    Thank you Mitchell! I'll give both ways a shot and see if it makes any difference to performance.
    Let me know how it goes ok? Also if there is anything I can do to help in your app.

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating

Also, how would I trigger an event based on tapping an individual cell rather than a whole row?

Vote Rating

Right now it bubbles beforeselect, containertap, itemdoubletap, itemswipe, itemtap, selectionchange events from the DataView.

If you drill down to a cell, you will see what CSS rules are applied. Based on this you can use the delegate option to specify certain cells. Or, you can check to see if the el in the itemtap event has a certain CSS rule.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    lilford.immanuel is on a distinguished road

Hey guys,
    I have been trying to add this grid to a canvas in a Carousel but m not able to..
    Pls share if anyone has got it there before..
    Any help would be appreciated..
    Lilford