Hybrid View

Ext User
    Vote Rating
    smerickson is on a distinguished road

Default Add support for mouse scrolling (for development)

Add support for mouse scrolling (for development)

It would be really helpful if there was a way to enable mouse scrolling during development. I will often develop my mobile apps on my desktop browser and I'd like to be able to just use my mouse scroll wheel to scroll some elements, rather than clicking, holding and moving the mouse. Any plans to just wire up mouse scroll events to the scroller for testing purposes?

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

Why? Don't you want to emulate what your attending audience will be doing?
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Ext User
    Vote Rating
    smerickson is on a distinguished road

I find it too cumbersome and time consuming to refresh my iphone every time i want to test a change. and if I use a mobile browser emulator on my desktop, it just feels weird to click and hold the mouse and drag to scroll a list. you're right that I definitely will be testing things on a real mobile device before shipping it, but during the first few rapid iterations of a change, it would be nicer and faster to just work with it on the desktop.

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

I do not mean to offend you and I can respect that everyone has their own development method but I just think it's trivial. IMO
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    gwan is on a distinguished road

Hi,

Sorry to reactivate this thread but I would like to know if it's possible to use mouse scrolling for any component in sencha touch.

I think that sencha touch could be a great framework to create a multi-device application, working both on mobile device or on desktop browser. But, because I do not succeed to use my mouse to scroll on any component I can reach properly my goal.

You did great job on this framework and I know that it is not your priority right now but if you know a hack to do so, it would be great to help me.

Thanks.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    Alex Vangelov is on a distinguished road

Default workaraund

workaraund

I'm using coffeescript but the idea is visible:
    Code:
    app.body.on('mousewheel', (event,el) ->       
          offset = Ext.util.Offset()
          while (el != document.body) 
            if el.className == "x-scroller"
              scroller = Ext.ScrollManager.get(el.id);
              if event.browserEvent.wheelDelta > 0
                # scrollUp(scroller)
              else 
                # scrollDown(scroller)
              break
            el = el.parentNode
        )
    Who can help with nice elastic scroll functions?
    Also there is a problem .. have to click in the scroll area to activate scroller for the first time