Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    anj is on a distinguished road

Hi, this one enable the native scrolling in current sencha 2 beta, but I can not guarantee that it is performant... i do not testet it in production...

if someone can pimp this, let me know!

best regards

PHP Code:
    // Native scrolling in Browser

document.addEventListener('mousewheel', function(e){
                var 
    el e.target;
                var 
    offsetscroller_results;

_results = [];
                while (
    el !== document.body) {
                    if (
    el && el.className && el.className.indexOf('x-container') >= 0) {
                        var 
    cmp Ext.getCmp(el.id);
                        if (
    cmp && typeof cmp.getScrollable == 'function' && cmp.getScrollable()){
                            var 
    scroller cmp.getScrollable().getScroller();
                            if (
    scroller) {
                                var 
    offset = {x:0y: -e.wheelDelta*0.5};

scroller.fireEvent('scrollstart'scrollerscroller.position.xscroller.position.ye);

scroller.scrollBy(offset.xoffset.y);

scroller.snapToBoundary();

scroller.fireEvent('scrollend'scrollerscroller.position.xscroller.position.y-offset.y);
                                break;
                            }
                        }
                    }

_results.push(el el.parentNode);
                }
                return 
    _results;
            }, 
    false); 

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    jonmurua is on a distinguished road

Any news on this?

I have started developing a cross platform application (smartphone, tablet and DESKTOP) using Sencha Touch, but the lack of mouse scrolling is a big concern.

Cheers

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    jonmurua is on a distinguished road

By the way, @anj, your code (javascript) works perfect in my Chrome browser.
    I just placed the code in the index.html.

Thanks a lot!

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

Sencha isn't going to do this.
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    diractor is on a distinguished road

...and why?

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    stmcpherson is on a distinguished road

We are using Sencha Touch for cross platform development. This issue is a consistant problem that is difficult to work around. Specifically, in the case of dropdown (select) menus that that have many options. Users who are not interacting via touch device have a hard time discovering Click-and-Drag as a method of scrolling the list. From all of our usage it seems that mouse wheel scrolling & two-finger scrolling should be default behavior. Can you please provide information to inform why "Sencha isn't goinig do this"?

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    anand.arvind can only hope to improve

Default support for dragging scroll bar in ST 2 app

support for dragging scroll bar in ST 2 app

I have an app I have deployed to the iOS and Android stores. Now I am taking the same thing and building a version that also works on the desktop in Chrome/Safari. For this I used the code in this thread to fix the scrolling and now need to figure out how to fix the scroll bar to support dragging and dropping. Any pointers on how this could be accomplished - am going to try to figure it out, but if someone has done it before that would help.

I initially tried to go down the ExtJS path for the desktop app, but found that there are enough differences between the two frameworks that it becomes pretty expensive to develop and maintain, so want to put out a V1 out there quickly and then figure out how to handle this in the long term if I have enough interest to put out one for IE and FireFox - and with desktop based controls.

Sencha touch supporting a bit of the desktop world will become more important as touch and non touch blends with Windows 8 - so it is time to consider this somewhere on the roadmap

Ext JS Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    abierbaum is on a distinguished road

@anand.arvind Did you ever find a way to do this? I would also be interested in a way to solve this and allow dragging of scrollbars. We are finding a lot of people that want to run their mobile applications on windows 8 machines without touch support.

Quote Originally Posted by anand.arvind View Post
    I have an app I have deployed to the iOS and Android stores. Now I am taking the same thing and building a version that also works on the desktop in Chrome/Safari. For this I used the code in this thread to fix the scrolling and now need to figure out how to fix the scroll bar to support dragging and dropping. Any pointers on how this could be accomplished - am going to try to figure it out, but if someone has done it before that would help.

I initially tried to go down the ExtJS path for the desktop app, but found that there are enough differences between the two frameworks that it becomes pretty expensive to develop and maintain, so want to put out a V1 out there quickly and then figure out how to handle this in the long term if I have enough interest to put out one for IE and FireFox - and with desktop based controls.

Sencha touch supporting a bit of the desktop world will become more important as touch and non touch blends with Windows 8 - so it is time to consider this somewhere on the roadmap

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    toorshia is on a distinguished road

@anj Thanks a lot man, works like a charm in Chrome with SDK 2.1.1

Sencha - Community Support Team mankz's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    mankz is a name known to all mankz is a name known to all mankz is a name known to all mankz is a name known to all mankz is a name known to all mankz is a name known to all

+1 for getting native scrolling supported in Chrome and other 'good' browsers. Another place ST can be used, what's not to like? ST already translates click events and reacts to those as 'touch' events...