Vote Rating
    PHANTOMIAS is on a distinguished road

Question Desktop Safari -> No pinch gesture

Desktop Safari -> No pinch gesture

Hello!

I have a multi-touch display and all events works in this demo
    http://dev.sencha.com/deploy/touch/e...s/kitchensink/
    except the pinch gesture.

The problem is, that pinching with two fingers the whole content of the website will be zoomed in/out. Is it possible to avoid this behavior? 1-2 weeks ago I read on an official Apple website that it is possible to avoid this, but I can not find it anymore. So, is it possible that I can enable this, so I can see in this demo (Events) the pinch gesture on a desktop webkit based browser?

Best Regards PHANTOMIAS

Sencha - Community Support Team jay@moduscreate.com's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all

Quote Originally Posted by PHANTOMIAS View Post
    Hello!

I have a multi-touch display and all events works in this demo
    http://dev.sencha.com/deploy/touch/e...s/kitchensink/
    except the pinch gesture.

The problem is, that pinching with two fingers the whole content of the website will be zoomed in/out. Is it possible to avoid this behavior? 1-2 weeks ago I read on an official Apple website that it is possible to avoid this, but I can not find it anymore. So, is it possible that I can enable this, so I can see in this demo (Events) the pinch gesture on a desktop webkit based browser?

Best Regards PHANTOMIAS
    for pinch events, i would try the iPhone simulator or the direct hardware.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Apple iPad is working. But I want to get it running in webkit desktop browser.

Vote Rating
    jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all

Apple iPad is working. But I want to get it running in webkit desktop browser.
    Yeah - what you're asking for is an APPLE to WEBKIT issue, not a sencha touch issue.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Does it support desktop browser? So is this a setting I have to make or or isn't this supported by Sencha?

Vote Rating

Does it support desktop browser? So is this a setting I have to make or or isn't this supported by Sencha?
    Dude, this is *not* a sencha touch issue. Go to any website with safari on an mac that supports pinch on a trackpad. You'll see that you can zoom that site!

demo: http://tdg-i.com/img/screencasts/2010-09-27_1533.mp4

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Hm, I know that I can zoom in with that gesture on any website, but I want to see an event "pinch" in this kitchensink demo, because I want to use it on iOS Safari and desktop Safari. So it seems that Desktop Safari handle this pinch as a zoom for the website and iOS Safari does not. So yes, it is not a Sencha Touch problem, but the developers know if it is in general possible that a Desktop Safari recognize the pinch, so for example if it is possible that I can put an image on a web app and with Sencha Touch only this image (not the whole website) is zoomable with a pinch gesture.

Vote Rating

So you're using Sencha Touch for a desktop application? Are all of your customers mac safari users?

Vote Rating

Hm, I know that I can zoom in with that gesture on any website, but I want to see an event "pinch" in this kitchensink demo, because I want to use it on iOS Safari and desktop Safari. So it seems that Desktop Safari handle this pinch as a zoom for the website and iOS Safari does not. So yes, it is not a Sencha Touch problem, but the developers know if it is in general possible that a Desktop Safari recognize the pinch, so for example if it is possible that I can put an image on a web app and with Sencha Touch only this image (not the whole website) is zoomable with a pinch gesture.

I did a simple google search and within minutes determined that this was not possible.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Please can you give me an URL? And it is not possible because ...???