Thank you for reporting this bug. We will make it our priority to review this report.
    Vote Rating
    n4hpg is on a distinguished road

Default [CLOSED-1307] Combo/Select not scrolling in Safari on iPad

[CLOSED-1307] Combo/Select not scrolling in Safari on iPad

Ext version tested:
    • Ext 3.3 rev RC

Adapter used:
    • ext

css used:
    • only default ext-all.css

Browser versions tested against:
    • Safari 4

Operating System:
    • Ipad O/S 3.2.2

Description:
    • Touching on a combo/select opens the drop-down display of items. When the number of items exceeds the size of the drop-down, it does not have a slider to scroll to items outside of the field of view. The opening of the drop-down has room for a slider, but it does not appear. Thus only the items in the list that are viewable may be selected. Also, clicking on another part of the form that is NOT a control does not close the popup. One must click on an actual input control to cause the popup to close.

Test Case:

Code:
        <<insert working code to reproduce the report >>
    See this URL : http://

Steps to reproduce the problem:
    • Open a combo/select with a popup with > 15 items.

The result that was expected:
    • a scrollbar should appear and be useable.

The result that occurs instead:
    • no scroll bar appears and control retains focus when it should not.

Screenshot or Video:
    • attached

Debugging already done:
    • none

Possible fix:
    • not provided
    Bill Crowell
    Charlotte, North Carolina, USA
    www.pavuk.com

Ext User
    Vote Rating
    rproudman is on a distinguished road

Default fixed yet?

fixed yet?

Has this been fixed yet?

When I use an actual iPad device (not a similator on a desktop), any app I run where there is a list of many items, does not have the scroll bar come up and therefore cannot scroll down the list.

Vote Rating
    evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute

Scrolling divs isn't supported by the browser, it's not something we can fix. There's a scrolling implementation in Touch but isn't something we'll be doing in Ext.
    Evan Trimboli
    Sencha Developer
    Twitter - @evantrimboli
    Don't be afraid of the source code!

Ext User
    Vote Rating
    rproudman is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the answer.

Are you saying that it's a Safari problem?

That would mean that when I use Safari on my PC (ie: v5+), the scroll bars come up and it works fine. When I use Safari on an actual iPad, the scroll bars, etc. do not come up and it doesn't work.

So you're saying it's a difference between the Safaris?

The problem I have then is:

1. I have an app where I have many items in a list. The list consists of among other things, an artist name. Click on that artist and their songs is in a lower box - again, many items could be there. The app has been written in Ext-JS and works fine when run from a desktop.

2. The same app has been written with Sencha touch for the iPod, etc. It works fine but on the mobile, it's a simple list - as seen on many other mobile apps - where you have a list for the artist, click them, and another list comes up with their songs, click that, and it plays, etc.

So #2 has a much simpler appearance than #1 as expected.

However, what can be done when using an iPad then? An iPad running the desktop (PC) applications looks great due to it's screen size, colors, etc. The iPad has some touch comands (ie: touching a shortcut, etc.) but within the app - no scroll bars, no scrolling down the list.

I suppose the iPad could run the mobile software side but since the mobile side dictates much less vividness (screen side for mobile apps, etc.), it seems a huge shame.

What do others do for the iPad? - use ExtJS with no scroll bars in a list? - or mobile - much less manipulation possible.

Thanks for the info.

Russ