Vote Rating
    genobis is on a distinguished road

Default GridView Refresh event not mentioned in API docs.

GridView Refresh event not mentioned in API docs.

Hi there!

Well, it's not a real bug. However, this refresh event (Events.Refresh) fired by GridView definitely deserves it's place in API documentation. It's very (very!) useful event, because it's the only way I found so far to get notified that:
    1) Data has been loaded and
    2) Store is ready and,
    3) View is ready.

I can use it, for example, to apply custom styles to grid rows or set some initial grid selection (I've done keeping selection between pages). Or, if it's a part of some hidden internal GXT API and I shouldn't use it anyway, there should be another way to achieve that goals.

Kind regards.

Software Architect
    Vote Rating
    sven is a glorious beacon of light sven is a glorious beacon of light sven is a glorious beacon of light sven is a glorious beacon of light sven is a glorious beacon of light sven is a glorious beacon of light

to apply custom styles to grid rows
    You should not use that event for this. Refresh is not fired if you add an additional model for example. Its actually only fired if all data in the store changes at once and the "refresh" method get called.

Vote Rating
    genobis is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by sven View Post
    You should not use that event for this. Refresh is not fired if you add an additional model for example. Its actually only fired if all data in the store changes at once and the "refresh" method get called.
    Yes, you are right, but in my app adding/removing rows always requires instant server interaction and store reloading, so it works for me.

Anyway, even if I did that this way, I would still have to listen for some event that would allow me to do the initial job (eg. apply styles). And I'd also have to listen to some events that would let me know about add/remove. And at that point things would get ugly, because store fires such events, but GridView doesn't, so I'd not be notified when view is ready, thus unable to get to rows elements in the right time (I mean new row html element, for example).