Ext User
    Vote Rating
    Steve Lewis is on a distinguished road

Default Sencha Touch Support for Windows Phone 7?

Sencha Touch Support for Windows Phone 7?

Hi,

Has any testing been done with Windows Phone 7 and Sencha Library? Any clue as to whether it will work or not?

Thanks,
    Steve

Sencha - Community Support Team jay@moduscreate.com's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all

I imagine not currently, if it's using a mobile "IE" type of browser.

The phone just came out. I doubt they are in active testing.

Vote Rating
    remoorejr is on a distinguished road

The WP7 browser is a hybrid IE7/iE8 with no support for HTML5 / CSS3 so it's not going to deliver a native like experience through the web. We'll have to wait for IE9 to move to WP7 for that.

Ext User
    Vote Rating
    Steve Lewis is on a distinguished road

Thanks... Noticed that after I posted... a bit disappointing that MS is behind the curve already.

Vote Rating
    existdissolve is just really nice existdissolve is just really nice existdissolve is just really nice existdissolve is just really nice existdissolve is just really nice

Behind the curve already-er

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    Mithon is on a distinguished road

Well, they may be a bit behind, but I think they've a good momentum. A quick search for "wp7 ie9" revealed Microsofts plans to release an IE9 cousin for the wp7 giving us the HTML5 support we need for our Sencha Touch apps.

More multithreading support and copy-paste won't hurt them either. If they don't screw this up, the last thing I really want is alternative keyboard- and dictionary- support for when writing non-english messages.

In short I'm very happy with my wp7 as well as MS's effort with it. They're never the first, but lately they've usually been good once they get going.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    jobrodesign is on a distinguished road

Default Foregoing support for Windows Phone would be a mistake

Foregoing support for Windows Phone would be a mistake

Two years ago I would never have thought that Microsoft would be a smartphone player, much less that I would actually WANT a phone based on Windows. Now, windows phone is my primary mobile device (has been since the first phone was released) and I never get tired of it. I have recently installed the Mango beta complete with the new IE9 browser and things are heating up! I work in the mobile industry and I spend all day every day using iphones, blackberries, androids, phones and tablets and Windows Phone is competitive.

I have been watching Sencha Touch since the beginning and it is the most robust, cross-platform application framework for html/css/javascript developers. Keep ahead of the curve and support as many mobile platforms as possible. Cross platform will be king in the next few years whne it comes to robust mobile web application frameworks

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    DavidJKelley is on a distinguished road

Exclamation need windows phone 7 support hello world etc

need windows phone 7 support hello world etc

so I wrote 3 of the top 100 apps in the phone 7 market place. We are doing more on mobile and I'm trying to review Sencha so we can deliver the same app to multipul platforms. I went to a session yesterday briefly on Sencha in Seattle and they mentioned something about it but I can't find any documentation on how to get started doing sencha in visual studio for phone 7? is there anything any where on how to do this yet?

Ext JS Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    vvestnes is on a distinguished road

Default Does Kitchen Sink demo run on your device?

Does Kitchen Sink demo run on your device?

Quote Originally Posted by jobrodesign View Post
    Two years ago I would never have thought that Microsoft would be a smartphone player, much less that I would actually WANT a phone based on Windows. Now, windows phone is my primary mobile device (has been since the first phone was released) and I never get tired of it. I have recently installed the Mango beta complete with the new IE9 browser and things are heating up! I work in the mobile industry and I spend all day every day using iphones, blackberries, androids, phones and tablets and Windows Phone is competitive.

I have been watching Sencha Touch since the beginning and it is the most robust, cross-platform application framework for html/css/javascript developers. Keep ahead of the curve and support as many mobile platforms as possible. Cross platform will be king in the next few years whne it comes to robust mobile web application frameworks

Hi,

Would you (jobrodesign) be kind enough to share with us some more information about your discoveries, using Mango (7.5) and Sencha Touch together ?

I'm very interested in how the Kitchen Sink demos are running on Mango (Windows 7.5)

It would be great if anybody with a WP7 device, like Nokia Lumino 800 or HTC Radar, had time to test the Official Sencha Touch demos and shared with us the experices.

Kitchen Sink demo:
    http://dev.sencha.com/deploy/touch/e...s/kitchensink/

Does it execute perfectly, maybe with minor errors, or maybe not at all ?

Grateful for any feedback!

Thanks.

Vidar Vestnes
    Developer

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    gavincoop is on a distinguished road

I have a Nokia Lumia 800 here and just get a white page I will try at some point and get you some console output when I have a little more time