Thank you for reporting this bug. We will make it our priority to review this report.
    Ext JS Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    djkraz is on a distinguished road

Default [OPEN-445] iPhone is not detected when desktop safari is set to use iPhone user agent

[OPEN-445] iPhone is not detected when desktop safari is set to use iPhone user agent

I would think this is by design except that this does work when you set it to the iPad user agent but not when set to any version of iPhone or iPod. It would be a huge time saver if this did work so that we can quickly test small changes. My current version of Safari is 5.0.2 on Windows Vista though I know this was the case with a previous version of Safari as well.

Here is the results of the body tag classes for each of the following user-agent strings:

(iPhone 4.0.2) Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A400 Safari/6531.22.7
    body class="x-desktop"

(iPad 3.2.2) Mozilla/5.0 (iPad; U; CPU OS 3_2_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/531.21.10 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.4 Mobile/7B500 Safari/531.21.10
    body class="x-tablet x-ipad x-ios"

(iPhone 3.1.3) Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16
    body class="x-desktop"

Ext JS Premium Member
    Vote Rating

Just tested chrome/android and the results were quite mixed... Tested with Chrome 7.0.517.41.

(Samsung Epic (Galaxy S for Sprint)) Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.1-update1; en-us; SPH-D700 Build/ECLAIR) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17
    body class="x-desktop x-android"

Vote Rating
    BrendanC is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the report. The team is reviewing your suggestion and they will let you know what they decide.

Vote Rating
    davidkaneda is on a distinguished road

Hi djkraz — After some discussion we've actually decided to get rid of Ext.isPhone and Ext.isTablet... At 1.1 we'll be recommending to do these splits in your layout based on screen width/height, along with examples to better show how. Thanks for the post.

Ext JS Premium Member
    Vote Rating

While I'm sure you have good reason for doing this, this is really bad news for me and I'm sure some others as I heavily rely on the x-phone and x-tablet classes. I suppose if you are giving us good examples on how to do it ourselves, it's not the end of the world however it was a really awesome feature of ST imho...