Success! Looks like we've fixed this one. According to our records the fix was applied for ANIM-474 in a recent build.
    Ext User
    Vote Rating
    richimgd is on a distinguished road

Default Mac 0SX 10.6 Importing image problems

Mac 0SX 10.6 Importing image problems

Hi there
    I have literally just started using this software so first impressions it looks very good. I have an issue though, I dont know if this is because of my lack of experience or if it's a bug in the program: I have tired importing an image but I have run into difficulties.

I click on the 'image' button at the top of the UI, this adds 'shape.png' to the screen. I click on shape.png to select it, on the right hand panel under 'object properties' I click 'select image' and browse to find my image persumably want to replace shape.png with. Nothing happens. I have tried the following formats: jpg, gif and png. I have tried saving these image initially inside or outside where the Sencha Animator project is saved. Interestingly, when I had saved the image inside my projects 'assets' project and selected it from within the program, this casued the image to dissapear from my system.

If someone could point me into the right direction that would be great.

Sencha - Desktop Packager Dev Team jarrednicholls's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    jarrednicholls will become famous soon enough jarrednicholls will become famous soon enough

Hi richimgd,

Indeed the image selection issue is a bug, and has actually been resolved for the next release.

And you pointed out another very interesting bug! Images chosen on disk are copied to the assets folder, and automatically replace any file in the assets folder with the same name. In this case, the image is trying to "replace itself", and ultimately wipes it out. Yikes! Thanks for reporting this.

Jarred

Ext User
    Vote Rating
    richimgd is on a distinguished road

Hi Jarred cheers for the reply.

I am still having issues since when I select an image, it doesnt appear on the stage. In other words, shape.png remains on the stage and isn't replaced / updated with my selection.

I have tried what I did from my previous post, re: image formats and location within the project folder structure.

Rich

Ext User
    Vote Rating
    efx is on a distinguished road

yes me too.
    It would like nice to allow to import a PNG sequence or a animated GIF sprite

Ext User
    Vote Rating
    sinemac is on a distinguished road

As a temporary workaround, I've added 'Square' objects and then changed the backgrounds to my images. Seems to be working okay - although I'm not yet sure what other implications this approach may have - for the moment it's working for just testing it out.

Vote Rating
    jarrednicholls will become famous soon enough jarrednicholls will become famous soon enough

Hey all,

The issue has been resolved, but in our next release. It should come out today actually :-) Stay tuned.

Jarred

Vote Rating

New release is out that fixes this issue: http://www.sencha.com/products/animator/download.php.