Vote Rating
    manugoel2003 is on a distinguished road

Default Hiding "Center" Region

Hiding "Center" Region

Hi all,

I have been facing a particular problem. I want a layout with 2 horizontal regions (using border layout), such that I can hide any one of them any time I want. They both should also be collapsible. I tried to do this with combinations of regions like Center-South, North-Center but I am not able to hide or collapse the Center region. I even tried the combination North-South, but then it does not render my toolbar properly.

Anyone has any clues on how to do it??

Thanx in advance

Vote Rating
    jack.slocum will become famous soon enough jack.slocum will become famous soon enough

The center is the "fill" and doesn't collapse or hide. What are you trying to do? Maybe I can suggest an alternative.

Ext User
    Vote Rating
    jbowman is on a distinguished road

Can you do a north/south, while defining the center region in your layout? Then you could use a combination of YAHOO.ext.LayoutManager.getViewSize() and the collapsed, expanded, resized events on the north/south regions to set the size of those regions, keeping center at 0px.

Vote Rating

You can have a look at the basic layout I want. Everything except the Page Header should be collapsible. I should also be able to hide them. I am using Border Layout.

Actually our application has some old modules, which need to be displayed as is. And some newer ones which I have converted in a Grid and a corresponding Preview Pane Beneath it. However, both the kind of modules can be accessed from a common tree on the left. Now, when a user clicks on a new module, he should see a grid and a preview pane. No probs till now. But when he clicks on an old module, there should be no grid, and the entire content of the page should be displayed in the right area (Grid + Preview area) as is.

So I thought I would make an Iframe in the Preview Pane and when an old module needs to be loaded, I will simply hide the Grid Area and then load the corresponding page in the Iframe. But I am not able to hide the Grid coz it is defined as "Center" area, and as Jack said, its a fill. So, it cant be collapsed or hidden. And I cannot make it "North" and make the Preview Pane "Center" coz the Preview Pane should be collapsible.

Any solutions??

Vote Rating

And yeah jbowman, I will try ur solution. I think it should work, but there must be a simpler solution.

Vote Rating

I figured out an easier solution... I loaded 2 content panels in the center region, one with the grid and one with an empty Iframe.... then when I need to load the old modules, I just hide the south region and also the gridpanel.... otherwise I hide the Iframe panel and show the other two

But I have a small problem now, I have a tab panel in the center region, and I am not able to make it go away.....

I have uploaded a working copy of it at -
    http://www.e11helpdesk.com/helpdesk/admin/index.php
    user: admin
    pass: admin

You might have to login twice. That is a small bug I am trying to fix. Right now its a very flimsy code by me... I am still learning

Sencha - Ext JS Dev Team Animal's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    Animal has a spectacular aura about Animal has a spectacular aura about Animal has a spectacular aura about

The browser sends what language you prefer in the HTTP request, theres no need for a selection.

Vote Rating

Sorry for the inconvenience but the link I mentioned in the previous post had been reverted to the old app, and will remain that way for a few days..... I will post the link to the new app shortly...

Vote Rating

ok the new app is up again on the same link, i.e.
    http://www.e11helpdesk.com/helpdesk/admin/index.php
    user: admin
    pass: admin

Vote Rating
    jack.slocum will become famous soon enough jack.slocum will become famous soon enough

That looks sharp.

You can lose the border on the top toolbar (and under the tab) with this css:

.ylayout-panel-center .ytoolbar { border:0 none; }

You can optionally use the panel's id as well (probably better but I didn't want to hunt for it).