Ext User
    Vote Rating
    ecb0628 is on a distinguished road

Default config api proprty explanation

config api proprty explanation

Hi,

As a part of using DirectJNgine, I have a js file that extends an Ext.FormPanel. Let's call the js file FormPanelExtension such that the declaration o the Object looks like:

FormPanelExtension = Ext.extend(Ext.FormPanel, { ... }

The file is supposed to call a backing Java service, called ProjectService, to retrieve one piece of information and put it in one textfield. I am writing this code based on how another former employee at my company wrote his FormPanelExtension. Inside his, he defined the initComponent property of FormPanelExtension as a function. One of the variable of the initComponent funtion is var config. A property of config is api. It looks like his version of api called some server-side methods, like this:

api: {
    load: service.getInfo
    submit: service.update
    }, ...

I am having trouble understanding what the purpose of the api property of the config object is. Better yet, I am also trying to figure out what type of object is supposed to be represented in config. My guess is that these are ExtJS standards, but I am not too sure.

Thank you for the help.

Evan

Sencha - Community Support Team Condor's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    Condor has much to be proud of Condor has much to be proud of Condor has much to be proud of Condor has much to be proud of Condor has much to be proud of Condor has much to be proud of Condor has much to be proud of Condor has much to be proud of Condor has much to be proud of

The 'api' specifies the Ext.direct.RemotingProvider methods to use when loading or submitting a form (instead of using the url in a standard request).

ps. Don't forget to mark your 'submit' method as formHandler in DirectJNgine!