Sencha - Community Support Team mschwartz's Avatar
    San Diego, Peoples' Republic of California
    Vote Rating
    mschwartz will become famous soon enough mschwartz will become famous soon enough

Quote Originally Posted by stever View Post
    Well, I plan to redo the UI in ExtJS4 and put that into Chrome, and I think I may do the same for Firebug/Firefox. I've talked with the Chrome people who said they will help where they can.

But anyhow, a new version 1.1.1 is at the home page, and now has a buy button. Hopefully some people will buy it and test it before Mozilla makes it public.
    When you do the chrome version, I may be interested. Sounds neat.

I still don't get firebug to work anymore. And I'm on a totally new system these days with a fresh windows install, etc. Firebug just doesn't stop at breakpoints.

In fact, I rarely open firefox at all anymore.

Vote Rating
    stever will become famous soon enough stever will become famous soon enough

Quote Originally Posted by westy View Post
    Hey,

Congratulations on the release!
    I'll certainly be sorting copies for myself and team.

Does the commercial license cover everyone in a company or just individuals? It's not that clear.
    It is per developer, but transferable. People go in and out of companies all the time. The personal is non-transferable.

It looks like you create a user during the purchase process, so that indicates that perhaps it's per developer.
    Is each developer expected to go and buy it rather than the ops guy who has the company credit card, or can a single user buy multiple licenses?
    At some point I must have removed the wording to email me for multiples. I plan to offer an offline extension for commercial licensees that will act as a license key and add some files that are currently downloaded on the fly. In the meantime, I can walk someone though it manually.

Oh, and says needs Firefox 3.6 but you're using 4 in the screencast, and just tried with 4b9 and seems to load at least...
    Yes, well, FF4 is much faster, so a better demo.

That, and I added some things in Firebug 1.7 to make the inspection part work like that (it only highlights the widget's outline, not a DOM node, or in the case of Data, it only highlights if it found a data store for a widget underneath the mouse pointer). Firebug 1.7 is not recommended yet though (it is labeled *alpha*); it has a few problems (like no break-on-error on 3.6, and break-on-error is completely hosed on FF4 altogether). I expect that Firefox4/Firebug1.7 won't work really well until the day Firefox4 ships. Fun to play with, but I'd only install it side-by-side (and don't share profiles!) with 3.6 and FB1.6 (for the real work).

<PSA>You know, let me expand on the "don't share profiles" thing. I am shocked and amazed that people use the same profile to go to their email account and their bank that they use for everyday browsing. And developers add their developing work to it too. See this for a primer: http://lifehacker.com/5481213/master...ctive-browsing </PSA>

Vote Rating

Quote Originally Posted by mschwartz View Post
    Firebug just doesn't stop at breakpoints.
    Sounds like beta software FF4, and alpha software FB 1.7. I'd recommend released versions: FF3.6 and FB1.6.1

Vote Rating
    westy is a jewel in the rough westy is a jewel in the rough westy is a jewel in the rough

Thanks for the reply Steve.

I'll get someone to get in touch once the Ext development starts in anger.
    Lots of core C# dev going on at the moment.

Do you know how long the $40 deal is going to be around for?
    Any discounts for bulk purchases?

Oh, and cheers for the Lifehacker link, good reading.
    I only use FF for development, and Chrome for my normal browsing, but useful none-the-less (especially for a FF4 and FF3 profile).

Cheers,
    Westy

Sencha - Community Support Team mschwartz's Avatar
    San Diego, Peoples' Republic of California
    Vote Rating
    mschwartz will become famous soon enough mschwartz will become famous soon enough

Quote Originally Posted by stever View Post
    Sounds like beta software FF4, and alpha software FB 1.7. I'd recommend released versions: FF3.6 and FB1.6.1
    Firefox 3.6.13
    Firebug 1.6.1

Ext JS Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    joeri has a spectacular aura about joeri has a spectacular aura about joeri has a spectacular aura about

Very useful add-on. Some of my co-workers use firefox, but myself I use chrome. If we buy a set of licenses now, will this cover the chrome add-on when it is released, or will that be licensed separately?

Vote Rating

Quote Originally Posted by joeri View Post
    Very useful add-on. Some of my co-workers use firefox, but myself I use chrome. If we buy a set of licenses now, will this cover the chrome add-on when it is released, or will that be licensed separately?
    If and when there is a Chrome version, the same license will cover both Firefox and Chrome.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    ZeusTheTrueGod is on a distinguished road

Just bought the license. Author, do you accept some donations? I would pay much more for this tool cause I want it will work with ff4,extjs4 . Your extension looks really cool!

Vote Rating

Quote Originally Posted by ZeusTheTrueGod View Post
    Just bought the license. Author, do you accept some donations? I would pay much more for this tool cause I want it will work with ff4,extjs4 . Your extension looks really cool!
    Well, you could always send $$ to my PalPal account sroussey@gmail.com

I have it working on FF4 for the most part right now. If you are using FF4, I recommend you download the beta version of Illuminations since I update it rapidly. For example, some changes in Firebug 1.7 that are coming will break it, and I'll have the beta up today before a Firebug 1.7 release even makes it out. And you need Firebug 1.7 for Firefox 4.0.

ExtJS4... well, I had it working, but the class system and loader have really changed things. I need to create a new strategy objects for dealing with that. The first part is easy, but I need to take a hard look at how to deal with the class system changing dynamically. Luckily I have thought about it some already, since Dojo does some similar stuff, but Dojo wasn't a high priority so it didn't get done. I will have to update my watcher strategy to account for this, which will work fine, but I have a patch strategy that will be more robust but is a lot more work, and will find itself in some other version (like a 2.0 version).

And I am watching sales closely to see if I want to put in the effort to finish a Chrome version (one license would work for both).

Oh, and tweeting about Illuminations and spreading the word in all the various ways is greatly appreciated!

Looking at the bottom of http://www.illuminations-for-developers.com/ I see only 13 "Like" it on Facebook.

Thanks for your kind words!

-steve--

Sencha - Support Team scottmartin's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future

I agree with FF/FB issue. It has become quirky for me as well. Not stopping, not capturing and closing the FB window at times.

Linux:
    Firefox 3.6.13
    Firebug 1.6.1

Regards,
    Scott.