Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    Bucs is on a distinguished road

Default Touch with Direct?

Touch with Direct?

Don't mean to cross post but I really am not sure if this is a Ext.Direct.Mvc implementation question or a Sencha Touch question.

Is there any reason why I should not be able to use Ext.Direct.Mvc with Sencha Touch? For the Ext.Direct.Mvc (ASP.NET MVC) implementation, you have to put a call in the very beginning of your app.js file to add the provider with the following code:
    Code:
    Ext.Direct.addProvider(Ext.app.REMOTING_API);
    I am trying to put this in the launch method of the Ext.regApplication() call but getting an error "Cannot call method 'addProvider' of undefined"...so obviously it hasn't loaded the necessary files or is having a problem doing so.

Should this even work, should I be able to use the Ext.Direct.Mvc implementation with Touch? If so, where should I be placing the call to the addProvider method?

Thanks a ton...

Vote Rating
    evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute

Direct currently isn't supported on Touch, but will be implemented in Ext4 (and used for Touch as well).
    Evan Trimboli
    Sencha Developer
    Twitter - @evantrimboli
    Don't be afraid of the source code!

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    Bucs is on a distinguished road

That's great news Evan, thanks. That will definitely help conserve precious bandwidth for mobile deliveries of code files.

I haven't looked at the road map in a while, but when are you guys planning to release 4.0?

Thanks again!

Vote Rating
    evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute

Q1 2011
    Evan Trimboli
    Sencha Developer
    Twitter - @evantrimboli
    Don't be afraid of the source code!

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    jksnu is on a distinguished road

Hi,

I am also facing similar problem. I am using Sencha touch 2. So, does the Sencha Touch 2 support Ext Direct and is it possible to execute the code like
    Code:
    Ext.Direct.addProvider(
                    Ext.app.REMOTING_API
                    );
    in the launch function of Ext.Application.
    I have tried, but its not running currently.