Ext User
    Vote Rating
    mic.b is on a distinguished road

Default Masks & Movies with alpha channel support

Masks & Movies with alpha channel support

Movies with alpha channel support make it possible to use prerendered material in animation. It's useful with all "eye candy" stuff, but it would also let user prerender things that are currently impossible to animate in Animator or render in browser.

Dynamic masks. Can we expect them in the future? If yes, try to make them light on resources, please.

Ext User
    Vote Rating
    jacobbrown is on a distinguished road

Is this a kind of software for making animation?

Ext User
    Vote Rating

Yes, and in case you are being sarcastic, those proposed functions are popular among animation software.

Sencha - Desktop Packager Dev Team jarrednicholls's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    jarrednicholls will become famous soon enough jarrednicholls will become famous soon enough

Keep in mind this is a web-standards based application running in a browser, targeting a browser. If the browser can't do a particular type of rendering natively, then it most likely won't be a part of the application.

Movies with alpha channel support make it possible to use prerendered material in animation. It's useful with all "eye candy" stuff, but it would also let user prerender things that are currently impossible to animate in Animator or render in browser.
    Of course alpha channel is supported, on any element. What do you mean by "prerender" things? Do you mean having the DOM/elements in the document, but rendered transparent? You can do that if you want.

Dynamic masks. Can we expect them in the future? If yes, try to make them light on resources, please.
    WebKit fully supports masks and background clipping. Somewhat recently commits were made to support text clipping. So going back to what was said earlier: if the browser can do it, the software can/will do it. You can do it now if you add in custom CSS.

Ext User
    Vote Rating
    interactivenyc is on a distinguished road

I would be very happy with the ability to play a series of PNGs with alpha channels (thus creating the ability to animate an alpha channel). One way to do this would be to automatically check to see if a filename ends with a number (1, 01, 001, etc) perhaps separated by an underscore, with a checkbox in the properties to animate sequential files.

I realize Sencha animates using time values rather than actual frames, so it might be hard to synchronize an animation exactly with other events. Which brings me to another suggestion - maybe you can add an event model that fires JS events when keyframes are passed to help with synchronizing animations with other programmatic behavior like the triggering of sounds.

Ext User
    Vote Rating

Thanks for answer, Jarred Nicolls.

What do you mean by "prerender" things?
    I mean it in a way this term is used in animation/special fx software. If someone model & animate something in 3D software i.e. realistic soap bubbles, then render it to a movie file, and then use it as an element of some other project, than it's "pre-rendered". This technique is often used in more advanced visualy Flash projects, because achieving certain effects with vectors or series of images is impossible or totally impractical. Now, imagine that i rendered those bubbles on transparent background (alpha channel in movie would have to be supported then) or on solid color background(to use "bluebox" technique that removes selected color from image/movie. You can see it in every TV Weather Forecast with man on top of map). So many things can be done then, like adding this bubbles clip multiple times to various elements of animation or popping-up elements of web page...etc. I hope you get the idea and see how useful it is. It was very hyped feature in Flash two versions ago, not without a good reason.

I know that you are probably focused on other features at the moment, and fact that many people would like to see Sencha Animator as a direct replacement for Flash may be frustrating for you, but we, animators really need new, powerful tool based on browser technologies and comparisons with Flash can't be avoided

Cheers