Sencha - Community Support Team Condor's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    Condor has much to be proud of Condor has much to be proud of Condor has much to be proud of Condor has much to be proud of Condor has much to be proud of Condor has much to be proud of Condor has much to be proud of Condor has much to be proud of

I like this method:
    Code:
    App.G1 = Ext.extend(Ext.GridPanel, {
      constructor: function(config){
        App.G1.superclass.constructor.call(this, Ext.apply({
          store: ...
        }, config));
      },
    });
    App.G2 = Ext.extend(App.G1, {
      constructor: function(config){
        App.G2.superclass.constructor.call(this, Ext.apply({
          store: ...
        }, config));
      },
    });
    (but you could also keep your current code, but check in G1 initComponent if a store already exists before assigning a new one)

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    livinglegends is on a distinguished road

But condor, I think problem is due to event. As I mentioned in my starting comments, In parent Grid, I have registered 'sortchange' event which call doSorting funtion which actually makes server call.

So, in child panel, when I click on grid column (for sorting), it calls parent doSorting method as I have not implemented in Child panel.

But when I override doSorting function in child panel with empty function, default sorting behavior stopped.

So, I want to know how to prevent parent method calling and preserve default sorting behavior.

Vote Rating
    Condor has much to be proud of Condor has much to be proud of Condor has much to be proud of Condor has much to be proud of Condor has much to be proud of Condor has much to be proud of Condor has much to be proud of Condor has much to be proud of

No, that's not your problem.

Your actual problem is that G2 is still using the store defined in G1 instead of the one in G2, because the G1 initComponent replaces the store.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

I have put checking in parent grid and now it creates grid store if not exists. But, still problem exists.

I have put log in doSorting method. As I told you, in doSorting method, server call is hapening.

When I click on column for sorting in child panel, it call doSorting method of parent which actually should not.

I have overridden doSorting method in child panel with Ext.emptyFn so it doesnt call parent method but default local grid sorting not working. So, how to resolve it?

Vote Rating

"doSorting"? GridPanel doesn't have a doSorting method.

What method did you actually override?

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

doSorting is method which I have created in parent panel GP1 and calling on sortchange event registered like below

Code:
    this.on('sortchange', this.doSortChange, this);
    Now, I am extending GP1 in GP2 (child panel). So, on sortchange event of child panel, it calls doSorting method of parent and this method fires AJAX server request which I dont want.

So, I am overriding this method in GP2 by Ext.emptyFn so now parent doSorting method not called but local grid sorting stop to work. I mean when I click column in GP2, nothing happens instead of sorting of rows.

I think now I am cleared

Vote Rating

Setting doSortChange to Ext.emptyFn should have not effect on the actual sorting. Something else must be cause the problem.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Yes..you are right condor..

I have checked that one and problem is not due to that.

So, what can be the possible causes of this problem? I have checked each and everything according to my knowledge and nothing seems problematic. So, what can be the issue?

Vote Rating

Could you post your current code and an exact description of what is going wrong?