Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    schvenk is on a distinguished road

Default Getting a Store to auto-sync?

Getting a Store to auto-sync?

Is there any easy way to get a Store to automatically sync when its data changes (i.e. records updated, added, or removed)?

(I tried assigning event handlers to the add, update, and remove events but that didn't do it because the sync operation itself generates those events, resulting in an endless loop.)

Thanks!

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

Just like when you add a component to another component and you call doLayout or doComponentLayout, well now you will have to call sync on the store.
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    schvenk is on a distinguished road

So you're saying I have to sync it manually after add/update operations? That is, there's no way to set up an auto-syncing store?

Touch Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    Farish is a glorious beacon of light Farish is a glorious beacon of light Farish is a glorious beacon of light Farish is a glorious beacon of light Farish is a glorious beacon of light

In the store, you can set autoSync: true and you wont have to call sync method each time.

But I am experiencing problems with sync method. In the POST request, it doesn't only send the modified entries but rather the whole store data. Also, sometimes there are two POSTs; one having the whole store data and one containing only the modified entry.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    grnk is on a distinguished road

Hi.
    I have the same Problem. When updating a single record "manually" via record.save() everything works fine: Only the updated record is posted but when using the autoSync-mechanism, all records in the store are posted.

Can someone confirm that this is a bug?

Touch Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    Farish is a glorious beacon of light Farish is a glorious beacon of light Farish is a glorious beacon of light Farish is a glorious beacon of light Farish is a glorious beacon of light

what needs to be done is that in your store model, create another field:

Code:
    {name: 'id', type: 'int'},     // This MUST be added otherwise, there are multiple POSTs!!!
    and when you return your response from the server, you must include an id field there as well.

I am using this in a JSON store and its working fine with this. Discovered this on one of the forums. Now when you there is a sync, it will only send the modified, created and deleted entries with their ids

Regards,
    Farish

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Thanks Farish!

Your solution works for me.

Regards

Touch Premium Member
    Vote Rating

Welcome. Apparently this is mentioned somewhere in the API Docs but is not stated very clearly and can be quite confusing for newbies (like myself).

Ext JS Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    dsimcik is on a distinguished road

Are you using the same URL for both your read and create/update/delete operations?

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Quote Originally Posted by dsimcik View Post
    Are you using the same URL for both your read and create/update/delete operations?
    Yes