Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

There you go. So you cannot redistribute 1.0.2 so I wouldn't ask for someone to do so. Just the way I roll.
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Vote Rating
    jep will become famous soon enough jep will become famous soon enough

I agree. Like I said before, I was pretty sure they couldn't. That's why I included the grin emoticon. It's called a joke.

Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by jep View Post
    I agree. Like I said before, I was pretty sure they couldn't. That's why I included the grin emoticon. It's called a joke.
    Grin is a big smile and can be construed to be bad. Just saying, I wouldn't say things about "stealing" things on the company's forums because it can be seen as being serious and not a joke.

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

Vote Rating

My advice - lighten up.

Vote Rating

My advice - work with what you have and don't complain for the free stuff you do get

Vote Rating

Where's the eyeroll emoticon?

As I'm sure you've read in my other post, I'm mainly trying to get some justification together to pay for a standard support plan, if we'll actually get significantly more support than we're getting now. Perhaps you should direct your followups on this topic to that thread, as you are already posting there anyway.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    mmullany is on a distinguished road

Default Benefits of Touch support

Benefits of Touch support

Well, I hope I can help you make the case for getting on support. There are four main benefits of Touch Support:

1. Getting continued bug fixes after the x.x release is the first benefit. These fixes eventually get rolled up into the next minor release, so the 1.02 bug fixes will get rolled into our 1.1 release. This is not unique to Sencha, at least some other professional open source companies (such as SpringSource) do the same thing.

2. You also get direct access to SVN, so you can see everything as it happens.

3. There is a premium support forum for Sencha Touch, and these questions get priority answering from the support team.

4. With support you also get an actual support ticket system with a response time guarantee

Vote Rating

3. There is a premium support forum for Sencha Touch, and these questions get priority answering from the support team.

Thank you! As I said in the other thread, it was very confusing because right now you can see the Ext JS and Ext GWT premium forums listed, but you can't see any for Sencha Touch.

Also as I said in the other thread, I do fully understand the need for you to make money, as without that you're not going to be around for future support and releases. My main concern was just justifying it in terms of going to my boss and asking him for $300 and being able to answer his inevitable question "What do we get for that beyond what we get now?". Can you also confirm that the premium support forums are still hopping along, getting staff replies? I ask because there's been a noticeable drop in staff involvement in the regular help forum. Again, I'm not faulting you for that, just making sure that it's contained to the non-paid forum.

Sencha - Community Support Team VinylFox's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    VinylFox will become famous soon enough VinylFox will become famous soon enough

Every few months or so you will notice a drop in replies from the team, this is when they are working like crazy (12-18hr days) to get a new product, feature, or major release out. Nothing to worry about.

Vote Rating

The drop I'm talking about is for the last month and a half. I'd worry about that.

Edit: Just so I'm not misunderstood - I'd worry about that if it also happened in the Premium Support forum. For the free users, you just have to live with it.