Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    blackey is on a distinguished road

Hello Everyone,

I'm attempting to replace all of the uses xtype 'list' to this awesome bufferedList in my application and I'm seeing something weird and was wondering if anyone else has ran into this.

In the plugin's refresh method the call to 'this.listContainer = this.getTargetEl().down('.ux-list-container');' returns null to the listContainer and from there all kinds of problems arise.

Is there a reason the '.ux-list-container' wouldn't be found?

Ext JS Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    suzzer99 is on a distinguished road

Is this still coming along? We're trying to upgrade to Sencha 2 - but we use this buffered list class for a channel lineup that displays over 1000 channels. I'm really hoping this thing gets finished before then or Sencha implements infinite scrolling - as they said they would for 2.0.

Also here's an interesting blog post about speeding up the buffered list class itself: http://rumblings.yellresearch.com/?p=144

Vote Rating
    jep will become famous soon enough jep will become famous soon enough

I read that blog post and it doesn't seem to talk about speeding up the buffered list class at all. It seems to be about "don't use tables in your itemTpl". This is a painful lesson I learned for myself.

Or am I misreading it?

BTW, I have been using the ST2 version of the buffered list robertklep put up on github. I fixed a lot of the bugs and have it working pretty well. Scrolling isn't like regular lists in that it seems like it "hitches" after a certain amount when you flick it really fast. But I think I got all the bugs out and I re-implemented the code that creates the groupings (it had bugs if you wanted anything other than grouping by lowercase first letter).

My fork is at:
    https://github.com/jepp/buffered-ext...sencha-touch-2

I checked in my changes and initiated a pull request to robertklep. Hopefully I didn't screw it up but then git still confuses me.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    rutzmic is on a distinguished road

Thanks a lot for this amazing component! Realy a live saver! Now works proper on Android too since the last update. @Sencha - Team, please consider adding this to the Touch2 Framework!

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    jeroenwalter is on a distinguished road

Default A godsend

A godsend

Thank you very much for this component and thank jepp for his bugfixes.
    This component really should be part of Sencha Touch 2.

Vote Rating

You're welcome! Make sure you use robertklep's github, as he's integrated my changes (after a comedy of errors with me trying to make pull requests) as well as others.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    robertklep is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by jep View Post
    You're welcome! Make sure you use robertklep's github, as he's integrated my changes (after a comedy of errors with me trying to make pull requests) as well as others.
    Which reminded me that I hadn't yet merged your changes to the master branch on github. Which I just did

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Default Thanks !

Thanks !

Thanks for pointing out that I need to use Robert's version (big thanks to him too of course !).

Vote Rating

Quote Originally Posted by robertklep View Post
    Which reminded me that I hadn't yet merged your changes to the master branch on github. Which I just did
    Which reminds me that I still need to give you good examples of the case sensitivity thing.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Default 2 issues

2 issues

Hi

I have encountered 2 issues with the buffered list (using sencha touch 2.1.0-beta2):
    1. usage in a nestedlist
    If I use it as the list in a nestedlist by setting the xtype of the listconfig to 'bufferedlist', then the itemtaps of the bufferedlist don't fire to the nestedlist. The effect is that the nestedlist is useless, it no longer handles the itemtaps and leafitemtaps of the list, so navigation is broken.

2. exception when changing the store of a bufferedlist
    Maybe I'm doing something wrong but the following code generates an exception in the method Ext.dataview.element.Container.moveItemsToCache(from, to)
    It is called with from = 0 and to = 0, and then calls me.getViewItems() which returns an empty array.
    The empty array then is used with index 0, resulting in an exception.

I don't know if this is a bug in the bufferedlist or a bug in sencha, but the same code runs as expected with the normal list.

The exception occurs before the new store is loaded.

Code:
    SetStore: function(params, title)
        {
    var me = this,
              oldstore = me.getComiclistview().getStore();

var store = Ext.create('Comic.store.ComicList');
          var url = params.url;
          if (params.filter)
            url += '?$filter=' + params.filter;

store.getProxy().setUrl(url);

me.getComiclistview().setStore(store);

if (oldstore)
            oldstore.destroy();
    }
    stack trace:
    Code:
        [COLOR=red !important]Uncaught TypeError: Cannot call method 'destroy' of null Container.js:259[/COLOR]
            [COLOR=red !important]Ext.define.moveItemsToCache[/COLOR]Container.js:259
            [COLOR=red !important]Ext.define.onStoreClear[/COLOR]DataView.js:962
            [COLOR=red !important]Base.implement.callParent[/COLOR]sencha-touch.js:4515
            [COLOR=red !important]Ext.define.onStoreClear[/COLOR]List.js:376
            [COLOR=red !important]Ext.define.onStoreClear[/COLOR]BufferedList.js:1160
            [COLOR=red !important]Ext.define.updateStore[/COLOR]DataView.js:751
            [COLOR=red !important]Base.implement.callOverridden[/COLOR]sencha-touch.js:4580
            [COLOR=red !important](anonymous function)[/COLOR]Mixin.js:40
            [COLOR=red !important]Ext.define.updateStore[/COLOR]BufferedList.js:76
            [COLOR=red !important](anonymous function)[/COLOR]sencha-touch.js:3252
            [COLOR=red !important]Ext.apply.generateSetter.setter[/COLOR]sencha-touch.js:5284
            [COLOR=red !important]Ext.define.SetStore[/COLOR]
    I will take a shot to solve this myself, but any help or insights will be appreciated.