Sencha - Community Support Team mschwartz's Avatar
    San Diego, Peoples' Republic of California
    Vote Rating
    mschwartz will become famous soon enough mschwartz will become famous soon enough

Default Site issues

Site issues

Yesterday, mysql database connection error.

Today, the site is jacked and operating rather slow.

Can you please fix my user permissions so I can upload decent sized images?

Sencha - Community Support Team Condor's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    Condor has much to be proud of Condor has much to be proud of Condor has much to be proud of Condor has much to be proud of Condor has much to be proud of Condor has much to be proud of Condor has much to be proud of Condor has much to be proud of

Other issue:

I'm not able to execute a Save or a Go Advanced in the inline editor due to javascript errors.

Vote Rating
    jayrobinson has a spectacular aura about jayrobinson has a spectacular aura about

Default Forum upgrade

Forum upgrade

Sorry guys. We're working on these Forum issues as we speak. Thanks.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    mask_hot is on a distinguished road

Hi, I cannot log in from the home page with chrome.
    When I want to focus on the login form, it disappears... works well under Firefox.

(Chrome 9.0.597.67 beta Win7 32bit)

Vote Rating
    twaindev is on a distinguished road

Exclamation Home page shows wrong username!!

Home page shows wrong username!!

Hi,

The home page shows a wrong user name after login on in the forums!

Please look in to this as this might be a security issue!

Thanks

Vote Rating
    mschwartz will become famous soon enough mschwartz will become famous soon enough

I _LOVE_ the new skin, but there are quite a few user interface things completely missing.

There's no way I can see to get to my user control panel to see my subscribed threads, send PMs, change my signature and avatar, etc.

Compare this image to the one from my vB4 site:
    Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG

The image on the left provides a lot of information about the thread.

The button next to the thread title lets me jump to first unread post in the thread. These Sencha forums have been missing this feature, at least on the "What's New" page for months. Without it, I have to jump to last post and read the thread backwards to find the first post I hadn't read before.

There is other information indicated by the images at the bottom right, like whether there are attachments, whether people have rated the thread, etc. The ratings would be a huge thing to promote for the site, especially for user contributed extensions.

The images attached are for the what's new page. By far, the two main pages I hit on vBulletin sites (and I've run my own for 10 years, at least, now) are usercp and what's new. I don't think I'm alone in doing so.

Again, I love the look, it's impressive work.

Vote Rating

Quote Originally Posted by mschwartz View Post
    I _LOVE_ the new skin, but there are quite a few user interface things completely missing.

There's no way I can see to get to my user control panel to see my subscribed threads, send PMs, change my signature and avatar, etc.

Compare this image to the one from my vB4 site:
    Attachment 24555
    Attachment 24556

The image on the left provides a lot of information about the thread.

The button next to the thread title lets me jump to first unread post in the thread. These Sencha forums have been missing this feature, at least on the "What's New" page for months. Without it, I have to jump to last post and read the thread backwards to find the first post I hadn't read before.

There is other information indicated by the images at the bottom right, like whether there are attachments, whether people have rated the thread, etc. The ratings would be a huge thing to promote for the site, especially for user contributed extensions.

The images attached are for the what's new page. By far, the two main pages I hit on vBulletin sites (and I've run my own for 10 years, at least, now) are usercp and what's new. I don't think I'm alone in doing so.

Again, I love the look, it's impressive work.
    Oh yeah, the insert image inline is now showing links to the images instead of showing them as thumbnails inline. vBulletin has a really nice lightbox for displaying the images if you fix this.

Touch Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    dmillasich is on a distinguished road

Default site problems - what worked for me

site problems - what worked for me

i had problems on the site last night, just after the skin was changed. i observed php errors on the main pages... products/support/trainin - etc. i figured it was just a system update issue that would be resolved once the update was complete.

however, this morning i discovered that the latest post i'd submitted in the forum had disappeared. then i resubmitted the post and was prompted with the message "your token has expired". so i tried to log out so that i could log back in - this also failed.

to get back into a stable state, i cleared the sencha cookies from my cache. when i went back into the forum thread to re-re-re submit the post, both the original post, and the duplicated post came up.

blah blah blah.

to fix it:

i cleared the sencha cookies and logged back in.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    dac0nvu is on a distinguished road

Default Forum search is not working

Forum search is not working

Can only search once. Then I have to log out and log back in to do another search.

Vote Rating
    stevemc is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by mask_hot View Post
    Hi, I cannot log in from the home page with chrome.
    When I want to focus on the login form, it disappears... works well under Firefox.

(Chrome 9.0.597.67 beta Win7 32bit)
    Yeah - I get the same problem in Chrome