Thank you for reporting this bug. We will make it our priority to review this report.
    Ext User
    Vote Rating
    jimctr is on a distinguished road

Default [INFOREQ] Ext Designer Lock Up

[INFOREQ] Ext Designer Lock Up

I was in the process of creating a form in Ext Designer, and was placing a label for one of the fields in my form. Suddenly, I was not able to access the components tab (all components listed disappeared). While it appears I am stuck in Data Stores, this is not the case, since when I click on data stores, Manufacturer data store pops up, which I had created earlier. I cannot activate any of the tabs, nor see any of the parameters I created for previously created components. Sorry I cannot give more specific information about how I got here, so you can recreate it. It just appeared to have happened randomly. I'll attach a jpeg of what I am seeing. Oh yes, and I am running in 32-bit Windows XP.

Doesn't appear that I can attach a 350k jpeg

Sencha - Desktop Packager Dev Team jarrednicholls's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    jarrednicholls will become famous soon enough jarrednicholls will become famous soon enough

Hi jimctr,

What it sounds like had happened was a JavaScript error, which can cause stability issues depending on what the error was. Did you happen to save your project before this occurred? And you don't think you remember exactly what was done just prior, triggering the behavior?

Let me know if you recreate the issue. Thanks.

Ext User
    Vote Rating
    jimctr is on a distinguished road

No, I hadn't saved. Just trying to learn how to use the tool. Lock up occurred, data lost, when I simply tried to put a label down. The structure was fairly strange, however. I first created a TabPanel, and on the first tab I instantiated a form panel, which I set to absolute. But it appeared that the components (Combo boxes and Number Fields, primarily) wanted to be at the same level as the Form Panel, not underneath it (meaning that these components were directly under the TabPanel, though still providing me with x,y coordinate options.

The second time through, I rebuilt as I would expect it to be built with components under the form panel. I am good there, though I am stuck on the Data Stores section.

In short, I'm surprised that I would be allowed to reference xy coordinates on the TabPanel