Vote Rating
    steffenk has a spectacular aura about steffenk has a spectacular aura about steffenk has a spectacular aura about

Default short test

short test

Hi,

i scanned the examples first and was impressed, good work so far! Very nice additions, great new charts, fantastic drawing etc. Looks very promising.

I was a little surprised by the filesizes of ext-*-debug. Do you think it will shrink or more compressed? Ok, there is no adapter file, but filesize of ext-all is more than double compared to Ext3.
    vg Steffen
    --------------------------------------
    Release Manager of TYPO3 4.5

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    brian.moeskau is an unknown quantity at this point

There will be more overall code in the framework in 4 because of stuff that did not exist before (Draw, MVC, etc.) and stuff that's been extensively enhanced (Data, Charts). However, as noted in the overview guide, with the new class features in 4 you'll soon be able to very simply generate a custom ext-all that is tailored specifically to exactly what you need and no more. This was never really possible before and will make a huge difference in the end result build file even with more code to choose from.

Vote Rating
    steffenk has a spectacular aura about steffenk has a spectacular aura about steffenk has a spectacular aura about

Hi Brian,

thanks for the quick reply.
    Sure, i have not all information in my mind yet. When i think about TYPO3 and ExtJs usage, i have no idea whats the best practice will be if you don't know exactly which parts are used. For a customer project this is maybe simple as you have to deal with one application.

I like the separation and i hope that automating the concanating will be possible. Is there a way to register needed parts?
    vg Steffen

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    brian.moeskau is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey Steffen, make sure you check out the overview linked in my last post -- it discusses this exactly. The beauty of the new class system as that since everything uses Ext.define now (and the other new class-related configs) Ext is now aware of the entire dependency graph at runtime and we'll be able to do all kinds of useful stuff, not least of which is generating custom builds. No more need for manually maintaining JSB files -- the tools will take care of it (and this will include app files also, as long as they use the new class system).

Vote Rating

Brian, great! I will read that ASAP. This removes my fear about loading sizes

Thanks!
    vg Steffen

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    TommyMaintz will become famous soon enough

Steffenk, the compressed file will definitely shrink more. Somehow we have shipped the preview release without YUI compressed versions of ext-all and ext-core. The reason it will shrink more then its counterpart in Ext 3.3 is that there is waaaay more documentation. If you would just strip out the docs the filesize should already be pretty similar to 3.3's uncompressed source code.

Vote Rating

Yes, after browsing the source file i've seen the lot's of comments
    I also read about the bootstrap concept and dynamic loading, and this sounds very promising.

It takes some time until i get a more complete picture of Ext4 architecture, so excuse for some simple beginner-like questions.
    vg Steffen

Sencha - Ext JS Dev Team Animal's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    Animal has a spectacular aura about Animal has a spectacular aura about

Also, ext-all-debug now contains all comments so that debuggers can see what the code is supposed to do (assuming the developer commented the code!!!)

Some files are 90% doc comment and only 10% code.