Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    Pandaxia is on a distinguished road

Question Ext.Application Functional or In-Development?

Ext.Application Functional or In-Development?

I've been looking quite a bit at the source code and various documentation sources and am quite intrigued about Ext.Application. In creating a test, however, I've had problems with actually getting the application created. It appears to do with this section of code and autoInitViewport having issues:

Application.js:346-350
    Code:
    if (this.autoInitViewport) {
        Ext.Viewport.init(this.onBeforeLaunch, this);
    } else {
        this.onBeforeLaunch();
    }
    (It reports Ext.Viewport doesn't have an init function and the source only contains initComponent as far as I can tell -- but calling that instead [by substituting the code] doesn't allow for functionality, again, as far as I can tell.)

Could you confirm that this is either in-development or functional as far as you know? That will help me to determine if I should spend more time trying to debug.

BTW: Whether done or not, this class is going to be a major plus. I love how it creates a configuration to get one going in just a few lines of code. Thank you!

Also, the source code for Application.js says, "If you generated your Sencha app using the Sencha Command application generator script..." Is this something which is still under development or has it been released and I just haven't found where?

Thank you, again.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Wink nvm

nvm

nvm. I just had to figure out the right touch.

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    themightychris will become famous soon enough themightychris will become famous soon enough

I've run into the same problem, could you share a working sample?

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Lightbulb

It appears that they're merging the Sencha Touch Application object into Ext JS 4 and that it hasn't been fully implemented. To use the MVC setup that comes as a part of the application and to be ready for when the Application object for Ext JS 4 is released, I temporarily set "autoInitViewport": false since the Sencha Touch Viewport initialization was engineered around profile support and who knows what the Ext JS 4 Viewport.init will be designed to do. Setting "autoInitViewport": false just disabled the attempt to init the viewport, but still calls the "launch", allowing me to then self-init the viewport.

I can't imagine that they would remove the .models, .stores, .views, .controllers, so having those setup in what's likely a forward-compatible way does have advantages.

Hope that helps, but if you need actual code, please post your attempt at it.

Vote Rating
    jokelas is on a distinguished road

I had the same problem and solved it by switching the auto init off like so:

Code:
    Ext.regApplication({
    	name: 'MyApp',
    	autoInitViewport: false,
    	launch: function() {
    		// Do your stuff...
    	}
    });
    By the way, it's called a preview release for a reason...