Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

Default Forum Usability Tips

Forum Usability Tips

Just wanted to post a thread for some of the forum tips.

1) Forum groups are collapsible and if you are logged in will remember their state. Sencha Touch forums used to be on top and now they are toward the bottom. I have collapsed certain groups and now it's not *quite* as bad as scrolling a ton. Maybe user reordering will be a feature some day.

2) Forum search, still two choices. I have seen people saying they do not like Google Search for the forums. Well, if you want to use the vBulletin search you still can. Get into a forum and at the top right (right above the list of threads) there is a "Search Forum" drop down. Click on it and there is the vBulletin search. Click "Advanced Search" and now you can search multiple forums etc. Or just bookmark this location: http://www.sencha.com/forum/search.php?search_type=1
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not sure if it's just my 3 Macs but when I want to edit a post and go into advanced I couldn't. I would hit "Edit Post" and then hit the "Go Advanced" button but nothing would happen.

Fix:
    Hit "Edit Post" and then hit it again (will be under the form that appears). Sends me to advanced mode now.

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    supermonchi is on a distinguished road

Is there anywhere I can get a listing of links to my previous posts?

EDIT: Found it

Vote Rating
    steffenk has a spectacular aura about steffenk has a spectacular aura about steffenk has a spectacular aura about

funny that here is a thread now on "how to ship around forum bugs"
    It's a shame that they handle it with such low priority ...
    vg Steffen
    --------------------------------------
    Release Manager of TYPO3 4.5

Vote Rating

I agree.

Another bug in the forums is if you are in Advanced mode creating a reply or a new post and you hit "Preview Post", it will just submit the post. You can preview it after it's posted I guess.

Vote Rating
    steffenk has a spectacular aura about steffenk has a spectacular aura about steffenk has a spectacular aura about

and this creates multiple posts without let you know that.
    vg Steffen
    --------------------------------------
    Release Manager of TYPO3 4.5