Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    firefoxSafari is a jewel in the rough firefoxSafari is a jewel in the rough firefoxSafari is a jewel in the rough

@jarrednicholls

Thanks for the information - this does clear up a lot of confusion.

The only thing I'm left wondering is whether 1.2 will include any additional features besides 4 support. There are two features I've been looking forward to for a while now. One is the often requested ability to somehow import / export components between projects. If I recall correctly, it has been stated in the past that this would be in the 1.x line and I was wondering if this is still the case. The other is the fix for the defect where saving read-only files silently fails. This doesn't play nicely at all with my source control system.

Feedback on these items would be great, though I can understand the need not to release all your roadmap information.

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    firefoxSafari is a jewel in the rough firefoxSafari is a jewel in the rough firefoxSafari is a jewel in the rough

I must admit that I had my doubts about the Designer, but now 1.1.1 is out and we do have the ability to export component fragments and even save them to the Toolbox. There are still a lot of features I want to see added, but this one is huge. Thanks for finally delivering on this promise and not abandoning those who can't switch to 4 right away. Thanks for all the hard work - it's much appreciated.

Sencha - Desktop Packager Dev Team jarrednicholls's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    jarrednicholls will become famous soon enough jarrednicholls will become famous soon enough

Quote Originally Posted by firefoxSafari View Post
    The only thing I'm left wondering is whether 1.2 will include any additional features besides 4 support.
    1.2 will not have a tremendous amount of additional features outside of what is needed to support 4.0 development in an equivalent manner as 3.3 is supported in Designer today. The details of which are to be seen.

2.0 will see a vast number of additional features relative to what is offered in the Designer today. But it will, for certain, only support Ext JS 4.0.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    BigWookie is on a distinguished road

With the progress of developement, will there be aditional costs? or is the Purchase including 2.0 (and further )?

EDIT: To make this more clear, I tried to read the Support and Service Agreement but since english is not my native language I failed to be clear about that point :/

Ext JS Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    jax_meister is on a distinguished road

Can you tell us if the mid-to-late April release date for Ext Designer 1.2 is still correct?

Sencha - Desktop Packager Dev Team jarrednicholls's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    jarrednicholls will become famous soon enough jarrednicholls will become famous soon enough

@BigWookie I am not certain on the licensing details, and encourage you contact licensing@sencha.com for further inquiries.

@jax_meister Ext JS 4 has caused a delay on the 1.2 timeline, so the answer is No. But it should still be within Q2.

Vote Rating
    victorwoo is on a distinguished road

Question

excuse me..... but what does "Q2" means?

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    albeva is infamous around these parts albeva is infamous around these parts

Year Quarter 2 (Roughly April - June)

Ext JS Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    jax_meister is on a distinguished road

Question New date for Ext Designer with Ext 4 support?

New date for Ext Designer with Ext 4 support?

According to the Roadmap Update (http://www.sencha.com/blog/2011-product-roadmap-update/), it looks like the plan is to release Ext Designer with Ext 4 support this fall. Is this correct or can we still plan on version 1.2 being available sometime in Q2?

Thanks in advance...

Vote Rating
    abarash is on a distinguished road

The roadmap update said:
    We’re planning one additional release in the Designer 1.x family to support Ext JS 4 and hope to make it available by summer.
    That sounds a lot like 1.2 in Q2 to me...