Sencha - Support Team scottmartin's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future

Default Extension / Plugin repository ... revisited.

Extension / Plugin repository ... revisited.

I know this has been visited several times, but I think it is important enough to find a real solution.

I think it would be very helpful to have an _official_ repository as seen in some places like Joomla as mentioned in post:

http://www.sencha.com/forum/showthre...unity-Thoughts

I find it a bit confusing to rummage the forums for extensions wondering if I have the latest code, or someone has added a fix in a post, or was it forked to fit their own needs in another post.

I think a large repository of extensions would be a big selling point for a product such as Sencha.

A central location with an official link on the ExtJS website would be very helpful to developers as well as the community in general. One of the reasons I decided to use a CMS such as Joomla was the list of extensions that were available in a central location that always provided user ratings, history and a single download location, not 30 posts down in a snippet on a forum.

I think it would also be helpful to developers that wanted to offer their code for a price. YES, I would pay for a well developed/well maintained add-on that is supported with every version of ExtJS.

Many developers off their source openly, others want a price. If I like the plugin, I will purchase it.

Please consider a central location for ALL extensions so new users as well as existing developers can find the latest version of extensions/plugins.

To be honest, I am a bit confused as to why Sencha does not see this as a major advantage and selling point for your product.

Regards,
    Scott

Sencha - Community Support Team mankz's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    mankz is a name known to all mankz is a name known to all mankz is a name known to all mankz is a name known to all mankz is a name known to all mankz is a name known to all

Agree, though won't the upcoming marketplace solve this?

Sencha - Support Team scottmartin's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future

upcoming marketplace
    Perhaps the Marketplace will be the answer ... is there a time period? I would have to guess sometime after the release of 4.0?

Regards,
    Scott.